Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:37 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Microsoft Sculpt Bluetooth Keyboard
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:07 pm 
Willamette
Willamette

I love this keyboard... except for one thing.... there is no INSERT key. (at least, I don't see one, and I've been using it for a few months now...)

I write programs and web apps (so I write/edit a lot of program code quite frequently) and would given up some of the other keys for an INSERT key (so I can do SHIFT+INSERT to paste text, rather than CTRL+V). I mean, they made this large DEL key (that's twice the size it needs to be) and they could have included an INSERT key there. How are you supposed to use "overwrite" when doing word processing....

Just a little annoying in my opinion, but since it's the size of a laptop keyboard,
If there was an INSERT key I'd give this keyboard an easy 9/10.\\

(I say a 9/10 because My only other issue is that it loses connectivity with my laptop for no reason and I have to turn it on and off a few times to get it to come back to life, but that's a small problem, and happens maybe a few times per week, so it's not a big deal. Could also be the BT card in my laptop too... although it's only 4 months old).

Post subject: Re: Microsoft Sculpt Bluetooth Keyboard
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:37 am 
Smithfield
Smithfield

I did an image search for that keyboard and some them looks like the INSERT key is a second function of the DELETE key.

Post subject: Re: Microsoft Sculpt Bluetooth Keyboard
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:25 am 
Willamette
Willamette

Not on mine. Or atleast there isn't any printing on the DEL key except for "Del" and I even tried the Fn+DEL key combo. This isn't really an issue anymore since I've gotten myself used to just using CTRL+V for pasting. But it is annoying if I need to do "overtyping" in a word processing program, which I guess is pointless these days with copy and paste... plus I can copy/paste/cut just as fast as retyping something.

I'm thinking they omitted it because over-typing in a word processing app is something of the past and that there are keyboard shortcuts to copy, cut, and paste and that most people probably use the mouse to do this anyways. I'm a bit old fashioned and still use keyboard shortcuts and menus.