Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:58 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Call Yourselves "MaxPC" NOT "MaximumPC"..........
PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:32 am 
Coppermine
Coppermine

Anyone under 30 don't know that FedEx used to be Federal Express. Old, tired, long name and then some genius came along and now we have FedEx.

You guys put your time in, let your readers know you are about the future. Change your name to "MaxPC". How about this?? Hold an office vote on the matter or better yet, a reader vote right here. My bookmark for you is MaxPC and I always wondered why you never changed your name to MaxPC.

So as not to start another thread, stop crying about the demise of the desktop pc. Study your history and predict your future. What were computers in the 1970's? Nothing more than spreadsheets and calculators. Then gaming came along and changed everything. Then sound cards, video cards.....the more things we gave the pc to do the stronger pc we needed. Glass is always half full to me. I see the desktop absolutely running the house. Doorbell security, security cameras controlled by the pc, control when the coffee maker comes on, air conditioner. He who lives off hope dies fasting. Stand around and wait for something to happen for the pc and you will be disappointed. Get off your ass, do some actual investigating and find things that the pc can do for us!

And bloody hell change your name to MaxPC!!!!!!!!

Post subject: Re: Call Yourselves "MaxPC" NOT "MaximumPC"..........
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:06 am 
Coppermine
Coppermine

Two full days and not one reply.....maybe I touched a nerve. Maybe I made some sense. I wanted to post THIS reply for no other reason than to say my first post came from love of what you guys do. It was certainly not a hardcore slam against you guys, anything but.

The world changes so you gotta change. Remember Federal Express? FedEx sounds a lot better. New, fresh colored letters.

Federal Express is doing the EXACT same fuckking thing they'd been doing to 25 years but they changed and not just the name. Computers, scanners. Perception IS reality and I perceive my desktop as a nuclear power plant that could literally run my house and my car. Is the glass half full or half empty? Give it more things to do than it automatically becomes more important.

Security is the first, easiest one I see. Cameras are super cheap, even wireless. Motion detectors. How about a mom whose using her desktop in one room while she is constantly watching her newborn on her pc screen. Doorbells that send video to people that live in large homes or just can't get around so easily. The desktop shoud be like the fuckking toothbrush....a necessity.

I'm sick and tired of taking a shit, reading M-A-X-I-M-U-M-P-C magazine and read the editors complain how pc makers are cutting back, the numbers are down. The words "desktop" and "pc" and "computer" should be flushed down the toilet like the dump I just took and I'm fucking serious!!!!

What we need is a Digital Nerve Center (DNC) and every new home and even apartments WILL be built with one. What's that website that gets startup money for serious business ideas??? In one shot you could get EVERY dwelling into the cutting edge of 21st century technology. The DNC comes with the latest and most secure router, modem, best indoor and/or outdoor cameras accessible to everyone in the network. 21st century doorbell that takes pics/videos of visitors while you talk to them. Total control of music and video throughout the dwelling. Hell, take your tablet watching Two and a Half Men with you to the john!! We'll make sure your cells.

I don't know about you but I save all of my favorite tv shows and movies so I can watch them whenever I want, in Hi-Def with no commercials. No one watches news channels anymore for the news, they go to their respective websites and instead of sitting thru tons of horrible stories and commercials they pick out the stories that interest them and for all of that, takes storage and you ain't gonna get that storage on a tablet. That's desktop (banish the word).

I mean, look at the last 12 issues and all you guys talk about is making the same EXACT parts better. Who's got the best vid card? MOBO? Benchmark. That's like a car magazine reporting on the newest tire or steering wheel or air filter. It's the same thing. What I am saying is make different kinds of cars. Make buses. Make tracter trailers. Make dump trucks. Make sports cars but please.....whatever you do DON'T tell me about the latest and the greatest oil filter.

If you don't find a way to make the computer a necessity take a guess at what's gonna happen to the computer magazines??????

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:05 pm 
Clawhammer
Clawhammer

Why should their publisher spend money to change the magazine's name? Maximum PC unfortunately is something of a niche product, and simply changing the name isn't going to get more people to read it. People still think the magazine should've been left as boot.

Also good luck with the whole DNC idea, because getting companies to agree on anything is something short of a miracle.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:45 pm 
Coppermine
Coppermine

I agree with you about companies NOT agreeing with each other.

It would technically cost less money to drop 4 letters out of their name. They use up all their old stationary and whatever else that has their Maximum PC name on it and then go with the shorter, newer, "cooler" MaxPC.

It worked for FedEx.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:30 am 
Java Junkie
Java Junkie

robertco300 wrote:

It would technically cost less money to drop 4 letters out of their name. They use up all their old stationary and whatever else that has their Maximum PC name on it and then go with the shorter, newer, "cooler" MaxPC.

It worked for FedEx.

Cost less money? Do you think that they pay by the letter?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:30 am 
Team Member
Team Member

Jipstyle wrote:
robertco300 wrote:

It worked for FedEx.

Cost less money? Do you think that they pay by the letter?

It's probably by pixels these days

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:58 pm 
Clawhammer
Clawhammer

Those pixels sure aren't cheap.