Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:51 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: power problem
PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:28 am 

When i turn on my computer all usb ports get power but then after a few minutes they stop receiving power. I tried other ports and its the same issue. the only 2 usb ports that work are my mouse and keyboard. theres no PS2 ports, those are substituted for usb. when this happens if i unplug the mouse or keyboard and plug it plug it back in to the same port it no longer receives power. would that be a PSU or a motherboard problem? Both my PSU and Mobo are 3+ years old. my mobo is prolly 4 or 5 years.

I have a foxconn destroyer socket AM2+
Corsair 750 watts
2 x gtx260s
3 x HDs
amd quad phenom 2
8 gigs ram

Post subject: Re: power problem
PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:19 am 
Team Member
Team Member

When you say they dont get power, are they just not working like devices plugged in arent seen, or do they actually have no power? What happens when you plug a cell phone into, will it charge? I have a usb powered toy that I use for just such a thing, it works great for trying to figure out if it is a power problem or a driver problem.

::EDIT::

From the pictures I have seen of your board, you do have a PS2 port, its a combo keyboard/mouse PS2 port.

Post subject: Re: power problem
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:42 am 
[Team Member]
[Team Member]

Go into Device Manager and see if there are problems with the USB Drivers, if so right click on it/them and choose update driver via internet....it should if the usb chip is not broken. Go to the motherboards web site and download the latest driver if it won't load via the internet option I gave you. If the driver still won't load I would say it is the chip that is at fault.

Nasty