Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:34 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: New Rules for Posting Computer Problems
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:28 pm 

I've been a registered member for quite a few years but I haven't posted for several years. I've been reading all of the new rules for posting and I must tell you that I don't understand all of the new language. I can only assume that the stuff that I don't understand is really stuff that shouldn't be done on this site. I have not problem with any of that because all I want to do is get help fixing computers. That is the only thing that I've ever used this site for . . . well that and learning other computer stuff by reading the different forums. Enough intro, my question tonight is where should I go to post computer problems. One description says to use the "Free Clinic" but I don't see a Free Clinic header anywhere and this is the only page where I found a "Free Topic" box to post.
Thanks;
Deep Sea

Post subject: Re: New Rules for Posting Computer Problems
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:51 pm 
Smithfield
Smithfield

It's "The Help Desk" now.

While it should be updated to reflect the new forum changes, at the same time I could say "well... why did you just read the subforums' names and descriptions?"

Post subject: Re: New Rules for Posting Computer Problems
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:07 pm 

I read down through the subforums names and descriptions to try and find out where to post my computer problems. I must have missed the Help Desk but I"ll try to find it now. I know that the forums have been down for a few days for maintenance and maybe some changes. This site used to be pretty easy to navigate. The new changes (for me) might take a little getting accustomed to. Thanks for your help;
Deep Sea