It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:03 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Got my 2nd 780 and
PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:50 pm 
Little Foot
Little Foot

Got my 2nd 780 tday, just ran a few benchs. Heres they are:

http://www.tgupdate.com/Desktops.html

So should I try and push em or say to heck with it since.....they'll run anything anyway? I have yet to pair em up with 3 27"s to race thesurroundgamer but maybe ill drag a cpl screens from upstairs down to the PC room to try it out.

Post subject: Re: Got my 2nd 780 and
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:54 am 
Million Club - 20 Plus
Million Club - 20 Plus

Why 'push'em' if they run everything now? Overclocking takes more power and it is power that you would just be wasting for no good cause. (Other than a higher electricity bill.)
If in the future the frame rates come down enough that you see stutter or something, then I would 'push it'.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:17 am 
Smithfield
Smithfield

Exactly, this is why I don't suggest multi-video card systems because a single card can take care of up to 2560x1600 on maximum detail at smooth framerates easily. And if you're getting over 60FPS, there's no point, because most monitors have a refresh rate of that and all you're going to get is screen tearing.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:28 am 
Little Foot
Little Foot

LatiosXT wrote:
Exactly, this is why I don't suggest multi-video card systems because a single card can take care of up to 2560x1600 on maximum detail at smooth frame rates easily. And if you're getting over 60FPS, there's no point, because most monitors have a refresh rate of that and all you're going to get is screen tearing.

I agree for the most part. I dont care if you have 4 Titans, you aren't running every game at 60fps 100% the time. Just the crummy "coding" in some areas of some games will slow even beastly systems down. But with TWO 780s I am seeing that those instances are farfar fewer so, why not. I

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:49 pm 

LatiosXT wrote:
Exactly, this is why I don't suggest multi-video card systems because a single card can take care of up to 2560x1600 on maximum detail at smooth framerates easily. And if you're getting over 60FPS, there's no point, because most monitors have a refresh rate of that and all you're going to get is screen tearing.

Unless you want to play star citizen on max settings.

But hey, that game isn't out and won't be for at least a year and a half.

My wallet will hate my when that game comes out though, because I doubt my wimpy single 760 can handle that game.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:19 pm 
Smithfield
Smithfield

BattleDonkey wrote:
Unless you want to play star citizen on max settings.

But hey, that game isn't out and won't be for at least a year and a half.

My wallet will hate my when that game comes out though, because I doubt my wimpy single 760 can handle that game.

That to me just suggests the game isn't optimized. Like how CryEngine 2 is a performance killer but the same machine will run CryEngine 3 better for the same visual quality.