Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:56 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Kingston Limited Edition
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 12:49 am 
Klamath
Klamath

So I just bought two more 580's... but I am only using 6 out of 8 RAM slots. I feel like I should fill them, problem is that the RAM is Limited Edition, and has been discontinued for a while now. Does anyone know where I could find 2 sticks of the DDR3 RAM that's in the link below? Need two sticks, 4GB each, total of 8GB. Thanks!

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6820104266

BTW, I did find it on Amazon but it's $89.99 + $8.08 shipping, and it's From just one seller. If possible I'd like to find it for around $50-$60ish (flexible), but if not I might be stuck having to pay almost $100.
http://www.amazon.com/Kingston-240-Pin- ... B005KG43M0

Post subject: Re: Kingston Limited Edition
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 12:50 am 
Klamath
Klamath

Also, I know I can mix RAM, but I'd rather it was all the same. Plus it'll look cool all matching! :D

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 5:30 pm 
Boy in Black
Boy in Black

What's your problem besides seeing empty slots? Most people are happy with 4 slots. I have just 2 slots with 16G and don't feel I even need that.

If I advised you of the perfectly matching memory and filled those slots for 16G of memory, would you feel bad that I have that too with just 2 slots and feel the need to go up to 32G of memory? I'm seeing a trend here...

Ditch the Kingston and go for a 2x8G kit; do what you wish with the Kingston you pulled out. I highly doubt the LE label makes them really special compared to Mushkin blacklines that have been out for years.

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 8:27 pm 
Klamath
Klamath

OK, It's that I want to max out my RAM without going to 8GB sticks, and I would like to have two quad channels sets. I would go another brand, like corsair, but I don't want to spend $400 on 64GB of RAM (at this time), whenever I upgrade I usually do best or nothing. Right now I'm just gonna forget it, I don't really care about the empty slots, its's just I though upgrading to 32GB would be nice if I could get the same set for like $50.

So never mind the question, I'm just gonna stick with my current RAM until I see the RAM I want at a decent price or have enough to upgrade to 64GB.

And yes I use a lot of RAM. A LOT!