Maximum PC

It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:33 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: GTX 580 3GB
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:45 am 
Klamath
Klamath

Hi! :)

I have been looking at 3GB GTX 580's for a while in hope of doing SLI and was curious if this one sounds fixable?
Description:

Broken, for parts. You hear the fans want to take off at full speed, but they don't and noone's home. I do not know if it needs the cooling replaced or an RMA. Sold as is. It probably is DOA.

I would really appreciate some help! :)
Thanks! :)

IF YOUR NOT GOING TO BE NICE KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT!!! Thank you :)

Post subject: Re: GTX 580 3GB
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:14 pm 
Klamath
Klamath

It already sold... so yeah....

Do you guys not like me? Or is this in your minds a dumb forum? If it is then whats your idea of a good forum? Jet fuel isn't working in my car HELP! or plain and simple forum like Upgrading GPU? If you guys don't like me then why? What did I do? I am not sure if I am getting no responses because people don't like me or because no one has any idea. If you don't know the answer the questions I ask then that's totally cool! But if you hate me then... well that's life...

Not mad at anyone just curious!

Thanks! :)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:31 am 
Team Member Top 10
Team Member Top 10

Location: back on the right side of the middle of the left side YES i'm folding
why would anyone buy something broken, and expect that it would work for them. you couldn't rma the card because you are not the registered owner. since its broken, you would not be able to sli anything. common sense should answer your own question.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:46 am 
Klamath
Klamath

g.m.waters (red ranger3) wrote:
why would anyone buy something broken, and expect that it would work for them. you couldn't rma the card because you are not the registered owner. since its broken, you would not be able to sli anything. common sense should answer your own question.

The guy thinks it's dead, maybe it's not! Maybe its an easy fix! Not a good enough PSU, or needs BIOS flashed on it! I don't know! That's why I came here, for help, the one thing I rarely get. If you guys don't want to help then OK! I'll go elsewhere if that's the case.

BTW, I Google my questions first, 95% of the time, before I ask.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:10 am 
Smithfield
Smithfield

The reason why I rageposted in your last topic is because you're asking questions that require advanced knowledge of electronics and you're constantly coming off as a person who's a complete newbie in the field. I've put up with you a lot, but that time... I felt like your skull was thick enough to deflect a .50 BMG and I needed to bring a 120mm tank cannon.

In this case, again, you're doing this. Did the person even describe the problem in enough detail? What exactly failed? Do you even know the first place to start if you have to diagnose why it's dead? Even experienced electrical technicians can't answer your question because there's not enough detail. Oh, my part died. Why? I dunno. For all we know, the guy probably melted the GPU from overloading it.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:30 am 
Klamath
Klamath

You got a point... I should give stuff more thought before I post... sorry if I've been thick headed... I apologize.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:52 am 
Smithfield
Smithfield

Here's a better idea. Unless you actually know how to troubleshoot and fix electronics down to the circuitry level, don't even bother trying to:
  • Fix a dead card
  • Upgrade a soldered on component

This is about the same as someone who just written their first "Hello world!" program in C asking how to make a video game.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:07 pm 
Klamath
Klamath

OK! Sounds good!

Ha ha! I remember writing the C++ "Hello World!" Program! Came a long way since then! Doing full Unreal Engine 3 games (on a large indie scale) now! So I really understand your point! I only posted a forum needing help with UE3 like twice ever, so I'll try to figure stuff out on my own more with computer related issues as well.