Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:40 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Hard Disk Clone Problem
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:05 pm 
Coppermine
Coppermine

I cloned my 60 gig SSD to my new OCZ Vector 128 gig SSD to save myself the time doing a fresh install of Win 7 plus all of the updates. Worked great unil I went into My Computer and notice my new OCZ Vector is only showing 23gigs used and 38 available just like my 60gig Intel SSD. It's like I lost 60 gigs somehow.

What did I do to lose this and how can I get it back???

edit - I used the Acronis software that came with the OCZ Vector to clone. I also went into BIOS and had it boot to the new SSD and it worked so I am very happy except my 128gig SSD is now only showing 60gigs.

Post subject: Re: Hard Disk Clone Problem
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:34 pm 
Mr. Late Night
Mr. Late Night

It probably only partitioned the same size available as you had on your previous SSD. Right click on My Computer and select Manage then select the storage option and then select Disk Management. Right click on your SSD drive and there should be an option to extend the volume. Simply extend it so that the partition size is equal to to the total drive space available.

Post subject: Re: Hard Disk Clone Problem
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:48 am 
Coppermine
Coppermine

Thanks Dr. Freak, I discovered the problem not long after this post. After going back into the Acronis program, I realized the cloning I did left 60gigs of unallocated space on my new 128gig drive. All I did was "format" it and it gave me another hard drive (or so to speak).

It's cool. It's like I got a direct copy of the C drive I wanted to clone (60gig C drive cloned onto my new OCZ Vector 128gig HD). The rest of the space is now my 60gig F drive. Either way I did NOT lose any HD space on my new OCZ Vector.