Maximum PC

It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:42 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Some Questions.. Haswell, 700 Series, and Phys-X
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:54 am 
Klamath
Klamath

Just a few questions..

1. How much do you think the new ASUS Gryphon motherboard will cost and what do you think the i7-4770k Will cost at launch?

2. When do you think the GTX 760 Ti will be released and how much do you think it will cost?

3. Can I use a Radeon 7950 for my main graphics and still use my old GTX 560 Ti for Phys-X only? How would that work if so?

Post subject: Re: Some Questions.. Haswell, 700 Series, and Phys-X
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:59 am 
Smithfield
Smithfield

MaximumGraphics wrote:
1. How much do you think the new ASUS Gryphon motherboard will cost and what do you think the i7-4770k Will cost at launch?

Given it's an ROG board, I'm guessing at least $250. Not really worthwhile unless you love tweaking everything about your computer. And if Intel's track record remains consistent, the next i7 will probably cost $320... Which again, won't probably worthwhile compared to the i5 for gaming (which I'm going to assume off the bat this is what you want to build for)

Quote:
2. When do you think the GTX 760 Ti will be released and how much do you think it will cost?

Anywhere from 3-6 months after the GTX 780 and anywhere from $250 to $300.

Quote:
3. Can I use a Radeon 7950 for my main graphics and still use my old GTX 560 Ti for Phys-X only? How would that work if so?

Without hacking the drivers, no. If you want to know how to do that, use Google.

Post subject: Re: Some Questions.. Haswell, 700 Series, and Phys-X
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:42 am 
Klamath
Klamath

Thanks for your reply LatiosXT. Ya, I am primarily a gamer. I was asking these questions because I wanted to get a good idea of when the new techs are being released to see if I should wait to build my new rig or build it now. I'm guessing I should just go ahead and build it now because I can't afford to spend $250 on a motherboard and I'm not waiting upwards of 6 months for a graphics card. I'll just get a trusty 3rd generation core processor and a Radeon 7950 I suppose. Tis a shame because I bet those 4th generation core processors are going to be hot stuff. Thanks for the tip on hacking drivers I'll check that out.. and in the process I'll try not to blow my rig to kingdom come. :P