Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:36 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Heating Issue Pleasee
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:30 am 

i know that this is not an over colcking post but most of you deal with heat issues.a couple of days ago i ran cpu burn in and had my machine running at 2.44 c2d .well about 10 min into a session of internet surfing my mobos beeping went off and i promptly shut down the computer.ever since my cpu has been running way hot at over 75degrees c .i cleaned out the fans and turned it on again after i reset all the defaults in the bios back to normal.not i cant even run aol for 10 min with out it getting up to 70+C. some advice as to what i can do would be appreciated..

Last edited by frev on Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Heating Issue Pleasee
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:52 pm 

What is the model number of your CPU. You can try readjusting your heatsink and reapplying thermal paste on to it. You can also try checking the connection of your CPU fan and seeing if it is plugged in properly into your motherboard.

Post subject: Re: Heating Issue Pleasee
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:31 am 

chriszele wrote:
What is the model number of your CPU. You can try readjusting your heatsink and reapplying thermal paste on to it. You can also try checking the connection of your CPU fan and seeing if it is plugged in properly into your motherboard.

Yes I checked, the fan was plugged in properly into my motherbaord and I also did re-pasting the thermal paste. I saw that the fan was not working properly. it stops after 3 or 4 minutes so decided to change the fan and I did. now my system working like a ice cream....

Thankyou for your kindly reply...