What do you backup?
What backup software do you use?
Anything anecdotal you want to share on why or how?
- I perform a system backup using the computer's OS once it's built, drivers installed and OS updated
- I currently use 2011 Windows Home Server to back up my computers on a daily basis.
- The back up of WHS is currently an internal HDD in the system, but I have just recently purchased an external HDD that I will begin using for my backup. I hope to have that operating in the next couple weeks.
A few 'struggles' I'm trying to work through:
- I'm frustrated with how WHS sets up the HDDs, especially the lack of disk pooling
- I have prepped the WHS recovery disk in the event one of my computers crashes, however every time I have tested the recovery of a computer it has been unsuccessful. I haven't had time to investigate why it hasn't worked, but it something I need to look into. Luckily I haven't had a catastrophic event or one of my computers crash...yet, but obviously if I can't use WHS for recovery, all my effort is for naught