Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:02 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Seasonic X850 Gold = $110 ... 35% savings!
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:14 am 
Clawhammer
Clawhammer

@ NE with promocode EMCXVWV28 and $20 MIR If you are in SLI or XF, this is your power plant and right now it's 35% off!

Post subject: Re: Seasonic X850 Gold = $110 ... 35% savings!
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:13 pm 
Boy in Black
Boy in Black

Darn it! I was about to bite on a $110 750W Silver Seasonic unit...but this has me sleeping on that decision. I thought I had it all nailed down, then ya pull me back in for another look.

I don't need that wattage for this build, but I do want to get some 660 Ti's and get back into folding, and I know I've been banging the heck out of Seasonic's platinum 860W for a while now with out a single shrug of it's shoulders. I think it's a 2010 model, but crap crap crap; I might bite on that here in a bit!

(I kept looking at that unit but entirely missed the promo code until you brought it up, so it was in the wish list to watch)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:45 am 
Boy in Black
Boy in Black

Just bit the bullet and ordered with the promo code EMCXVWV28 along with another full iTX build. This is the first time I've been offered a MIR from Seasonic, so I hope it's not that 3 month waiting game. If it is, oh well...still a great PSU and stoked about the price even without the MIR.

Again, I don't need that much power currently as it's going in the garage mATX box. But if I'm even thinking of folding a pair of 660 Ti's soon, It surely won't hurt to have on hand. Thanks for pointing that out again Kleinkinstein!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:01 am 
Clawhammer
Clawhammer

You and your garage box's. I know you say that's become your smoking lounge due to CA law but I'm starting to think you just live in a garage. Hey, what did you ever do with wiring Ethernet in that rental many months back?

All in, you snagged a helluva deal on a helluva psu. Seasonic rebates are all mail, no online, but only take 4-5 weeks.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:48 am 
Boy in Black
Boy in Black

It's not due to cali smoking laws really; I just never like smoking in the house as it eventually starts to smell like a bowling alley or an Oklahoma truck stop Denny's. Disgusting habit. But I do pretty much live out here in mah mancave and very nice to have a garage PC that allows me to do what I need at any given time. It started with just needing diagrams from the internet and not wanting to track grease and other crap into the house to search for them. Just nice to have some sort of PC in any garage IMO, even if you live in it or not. But yes, my definition of "Garage PC" is far from the norm. It's really the 2nd PC in a home; not the most badass, but what the badass hands down.

The Ethernet out here was easy peesy in the end: POE. Started with a TP-Link 411 kit on sale for $44 (Ethernet, not gigabit), then to a PA-511 just for giggles. The later just made streaming movies out here much smoother while I'm working on some vehicle or PC build. Anyway, from here on out I'm just going to POE to tough to reach spaces. Garages and 2-story homes are just too much work IMO to run a cable. Did it in a home and took too long, but like rentals you just leave all that hard work behind.

I'm learning as I go, am the first to admit I'm networking retarded; but am finding the goods and the bads as I do these projects. Looking to purchase another home and that's one of the 1st things I ponder...the network plan and how tough it will be. If it's even mildly a pain, POE it.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:57 pm 

I clicked...but it looks like it's $169 including the $40 dollars off...then $10 MIR for $159 OTD.

No?

EDIT!!!
NM....figured it out!! $129 plus -10 MIR

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:54 pm 
Boy in Black
Boy in Black

Man is Newegg quick when they want to be! Ordered before Noon, received the entire order within 20hrs. Sitting beside yet another of my beloved iTX builds sitting in the BIOS and that BEAUTIFULLY packaged Seasonic PSU. Ironically, I was just settling in at home after a work meeting and on just page 2 of the PCPer review when the knock on the door came. "Oh, nevermind...I'll just start beating it up myself".

I have to point out I was wrong with my skepticism on being a dated 2010 X-series: this was in fact the KM3 model and the latest of the X-series. I "like" PCPer's Robotech's PSU tests, but love the way TechPowerUp just digs into them. That's rare IMO.

Anyway, I love finding deals and thanks again for a $140 killer PSU.
squatpuke wrote:
$129 plus -10 MIR
Since you're in AZ, Does Newegg charge you tax in other states than New Jersey or California? I forget since I haven't ordered from them from other states for about...12 years now? If so, I'll have to take that into account from here on out on my suggestions for deals. But I'm sure our tax rates will be a high-end and others will be much lower.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:37 pm 

nope...no tax when I order from newegg....