Hey everyone, I need expert advice about a good way to setup this case for best air cooling. As you can see in the HWmonitor pic, my max temps after running Prime95 for maybe 10 seconds jump from 38-42 degrees Celsius (under no stress) to almost 70C. This also happens when playing my games which results in occasional crashes. The setup resulting in these temps is actually my worst so far. My best is with a max of 55C on one or more of the cores.
I barely OC the cpu using the Gigabyte tweaker to 3.5 Ghz, up from 3.3Ghz. I have a Thermaltake Silent 1156 cpu cooler on the cpu. Being that I have a cpu cooler and I barely OC the cpu, I would prefer that maxed out gaming not push my cpu over 50C. Does anyone have fan setup ideas for me? To help, I'll list my previous and current fan setups, and the pictures of the case can be used to help you understand.
Overall # of fans: 3 x 200mm and 3 x 120mm
Current setup: Exhaust
- Top 2 (200mm), Rear (120mm) ; Intake
- Side 2 (200mm and 120mm), Front (120mm)
Previous 1: Exhaust
- Top 1 (200mm), Rear (120mm) ; Intake
- Top 1 (closest to front - 200mm), Side 2 (200mm and 120mm), Front (120mm)
Previous 2: Exhaust
- Top 2 (200mm) ; Intake
- Rear (120mm), Side 2 (200mm and 120mm), Front (120mm)
Previous 3: Exhaust
- Side 2 (200mm and 120mm), Front (120mm); Intake
- Rear (120mm), Top 2 (200mm)
Previous 4: Exhaust
- Side 3 (200mm and 2 x 120mm), Front (120mm) ; Intake
- Top 2 (200mm)
Previous 5: Exhaust
- Side 2 (120mm), Front (120mm) ; Intake
- Side (200mm), Top 2 (200mm)
Important NOTE: I always faced the cpu fan in the correct direction for proper airflow (i.e. if exhausts were at bottom/front I faced cpu fan exhaust that direction, if exhausts were top/rear I flipped fan exhaust to face that direction).
I can't remember what my best setup was. It was Previous 3 or 4 as my best guess. Computer pics are in an album link (below) at imgur.com. The HWmonitor pic (below) shows my temps with current setup seconds after stopping a Prime95 torture test. http://imgur.com/a/L9CAr
EDIT* - here is link to CPU cooler on Newegg http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835106139