I have 2 PCs (see below).
New 2TB WD Red used as storage for videos on HTPC is getting 0x8007045d error when copying and playing certain video files, but when in Big Rig no problems copying and playing same files.
History of the drive:
1. The drive was setup in my big rig and then I transferred video files from my different HDDs on big rig to the HDD via SATA II. No problems showed up.
2. Moved HDD to my HTPC and began to organize video file on the two drives, but certain file get 0x8007045d error.
Diagnostics run in order ran:
1. Check Disk on problem drive while in big rig: no errors
2. Safe mode boot HTPC: problem still
3. Clean boot HTPC: Problem still
4. Registry clean using CCleaner and RegInOut on HTPC: Problem still
5. Check Disk cmd line on problem drive while in HTPC: Stalled for over 8 hours on file 61 of verification (step 4 of 5) then cancelled check disk
6. Check disk on GUI from my computer window on HTPC, same result as #5
My thoughts: Is the OS HDD on HTPC actually causing the problem not the problem Storage HDD?
OS: Vista HP x64
MB: M2N68-LA Narra2
CS: GeForce 6150SE nForce 430
HDD: OS 2TB HDD, 2TB HDD Storage
VC: Radeon HD 4850 512MB
OS Win 7 Pro x64
HDD: OS SSD 256 GB, 5TB on 3 HDDs Storage
VC: Radeon HD 5858 2GB