Maximum PC

It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:43 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 6:09 pm 
There is no cause for alarm... yet

thrasherbill wrote:
whether I shop there or not im willing to do it because i think everyone should come here, but i need to know if someone else tried yet?

I'm waiting to hear from [Ch]ams on a few things.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 6:12 pm 
Team Member
Team Member

oky dokey then ill wait for the "official" answer :|

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 6:38 pm 
Team Member/ Ex-Team Member/ Team Member
Team Member/ Ex-Team Member/ Team Member

One4yu2c wrote:
thrasherbill wrote:
lol the one thing thats missing from this conversation is
**did anyone contact them yet?***

No, I started this thread as a suggestion to [Ch]ams at his discretion. I don't want to speak on MaxPC's behalf, though I can't possibly see how the exposure would be a bad thing.

I don't know about that, I bet if you go outside right now and expose yourself it wouldn't turn out good. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 12:57 pm 
Team Member
Team Member

Brvhrt wrote:
One4yu2c wrote:
Brvhrt wrote:
extra SATA HD and OCZ Gold memory

Wow! :shock:

yea, but I had to pay for it twice too......bastards.......they did it on purpose
knowing I wouldnt return it because of my weaknesses when it comes to hardware ......GRRRRRRRRRR :evil: But anyway, try to get our forum on the list. We need folders BAD. We may fall out of the top ten folding teams by years end!!!!!!! :roll:

Fold Until A Cure

And this concludes todays lesson about customer service kid's, a very shrewd and distasteful way of making a sale, dont you think?
***** maybe thats how they make up for giving other people stuff for free hmmmm?******

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 7:11 pm 
Contributing Writer
Contributing Writer

Try as you might, you won't find much anti-Newegg sentiment here (minus one or two folks). In the above case, a phone call and/or email would have gotten it cleared up. Throughout the years, I've ordered several thousand dollars worth of goods through them and have yet to have a complaint. Using pricewatch, my experience in finding the lowest price has been vastly different than yours.

Naturally, they're not immune to mistakes and the unhappy customer. I'm not one of them however, and the one time I used their customer service (for an order mistake on my part) they were very easy to deal with and gave me no trouble in avoiding the restocking fee.

But I digress, we need a forum link over there... :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 7:15 pm 
All Your Basestar Are Belong to Us
All Your Basestar Are Belong to Us

Sorry, I missed this thread. I think it's a great idea to get more free publicity for the forum and I hereby appoint Canuck, should he so accept the appointment, to go figure out the details (or e-mail someone at Newegg & tell them they can add us if they want to, provided there are no strings attached).

-[Ch]ams

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 7:31 pm 
Contributing Writer
Contributing Writer

Sweet!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 8:42 pm 

Number Six wrote:
e-mail someone at Newegg & tell them they can add us if they want to, provided there are no strings attached.

Roger, roger.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 10:03 pm 
Team Member
Team Member

One4yu2c wrote:
Try as you might, you won't find much anti-Newegg sentiment here (minus one or two folks).

First off im not tryin ANYTHING so don't cop a 'tude dude, :shock:
and second i don't care WHERE you decide to waste your money its not my business.
like i said earlier I have nothing against anyone who supports the merchants of there choosing. i personally choose to spend less money on what i buy so i can buy more of it.
I don't trust JUST pricewatch, i do a multilevel search at pricewatch, bizrate and reseller ratings before i buy anything from anybody and im not looking at just ratings i research the specific reasons why people complain, most are the idiot buyers fault anyways, i been around here for 7 years and anybody who knows of me knows i do not trust one mans opinion, and newegg just doesn't do it for me and I personally choose not to shop there that is all case closed !! .
you (and everybody else) like to pay more for the customer service? thats cool!! :D :D :D im not putting it down!!! but the other post sure did look like a complaint did it not?? and ya a phone call prolly would have fixed it (minus shipping costs from your pocket) but good cust service or not i do read alot about mistakes coming from there and thats something im not willing to risk with my money seeing how i dont have a lot of it to waste lol :mrgreen:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 11:51 pm 
Team Member Top 100
Team Member Top 100

thrasherbill wrote:
Brvhrt wrote:
One4yu2c wrote:
Brvhrt wrote:
extra SATA HD and OCZ Gold memory

Wow! :shock:

yea, but I had to pay for it twice too......bastards.......they did it on purpose
knowing I wouldnt return it because of my weaknesses when it comes to hardware ......GRRRRRRRRRR :evil: But anyway, try to get our forum on the list. We need folders BAD. We may fall out of the top ten folding teams by years end!!!!!!! :roll:

Fold Until A Cure

And this concludes todays lesson about customer service kid's, a very shrewd and distasteful way of making a sale, dont you think?
***** maybe thats how they make up for giving other people stuff for free hmmmm?******

Gawd, I was kidding. I knew I could have sent it back, but I didn't of my own free will..... :roll: :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 6:00 am 
Contributing Writer
Contributing Writer

thrasherbill wrote:
but the other post sure did look like a complaint did it not??

According to his own post that followed, no. I really doubt he would have been stuck with return shipping on their mistake. But again, I digress from the point of this thread.

In any event, for fear of causing a conniption, heart palpitation, or other such undesireable health effect, I will again attempt to get back to the thread at hand. For future reference, anyone is welcome to use the following links for an appropriate means of discussing vendors and why someone wishes to shop or not shop there:

Dog Pound
Vendor Thumbs Up, Thumbs Down

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 5:46 pm 
Contributing Writer
Contributing Writer

Canucklehead wrote:
Number Six wrote:
e-mail someone at Newegg & tell them they can add us if they want to, provided there are no strings attached.

Roger, roger.

Bump - has this been looking into by anyone yet? Blondie pointed out a poll Newegg had of online sites, and MaxPC was absent. I think we're missing out on an opportunity for brand awareness (MaximumPC) here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 6:31 am 
Smithfield
Smithfield

I'll e-mail customer support and suggest it as a private individual, but I don't know how much weight they will give my thoughts when they clearly aren't interested in selling anything to me - they don't deal with Canada :(

Maybe if a long time, repeat customer who has spent quite a few bucks e-mailed them and suggested it as well, they might listen a little closer.

Know anybody like that, One4? :)