Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:33 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 9:48 am 
All Your Basestar Are Belong to Us
All Your Basestar Are Belong to Us

I'm only interested in the headphone aspect of this thread. ;-)

Post subject: Like I posted before...
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 10:32 am 

Like I posted before...

"That's great. Now about those Sennheiser PC155 and PC150 headphones..."

Again, we need to ONLY stick to the topic about comparing the price and quality of the Sennheiser PC155 and the PC150, and not about other products that compare to them, just those two items. I'll try to break this down and be more specific, so others, (MocoMan) can understand what I'm trying to communicate. When I talk about price and quality, this what I mean:

Same EXACT headset, different model number...

PC155 ($140.00 retail price)
PC150 ($35.99 what you can purchase it for)

If you are considering buying the PC155 headset, you can save $100.00+ and purchase the PC150's instead. You can use the rest of the money to purchase a better soundcard, or something else. That's all I was trying to say to the editor (Tae Kim). By the way, read the Maximum PC, August '04 "Reviews" article ( Pg. 68 ), and you'll understand what I'm talking about. Take care and talk to you soon, Ladislao...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 1:06 pm 
Bitchin' Fast 3D Z8000
Bitchin' Fast 3D Z8000

You should write a letter to Sennheiser Communications and ask them why the PC155 is so expensive.

Post subject: You're right, I should...
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 1:43 pm 

You're right, I should, and I will find out how to do that. I can say this, it's all about making money for those companies. But I'll let you know what I can find out. Thanks for the input, MocoMan. Take care and talk to you soon, Ladislao...

Post subject: Re: This is for Fallsroad...
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 4:40 pm 

LADISLAO wrote:
Well Fallsroad, why don't you chew on this one...

"I'd save the cash for an outboard headphone amp. No offense to the vintage Marantz receivers - they have amazing tuners in them - but the headphone output isn't the best it could be, especially with those 'phones."

Wasn't that one of your statements? It should actually read:

...but the headphone output needs improvement...

If you want to get caught up in this (so-called) war, don't bother. I worked for an editor for about 3 years. So I know when I or somebody else is taking (grammatical) shortcuts. I was ONLY having fun, just like I am with you. I'm sure you could easily find something else in this post that was incorrectly written, by me or someone else. That's cute that you want to be the mediator though...

Whoa whoa whoa, Ladislao, I wasn't on you about your grammar or spelling, and my sentence is technically correct, if informal. And my comment about "feeding" versus "distracting was likewise a joke.

No need to jump my case. Besides, grouchiness is bad for your health.

Go in peace, enjoy your headphones, be happy.

I have no quarrel with you. :)

Post subject: Re: Like I posted before...
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 7:26 pm 

LADISLAO wrote:

Same EXACT headset, different model number...

PC155 ($140.00 retail price)
PC150 ($35.99 what you can purchase it for)

For anyone who has to have the PC155 with the USB connector, you can find it for about $85.00 - $90.00:

http://www.dealtime.com/xPO-Sennheiser_PC155_USB

http://google-cnet.com.com/Sennheiser_P ... 0&sort=asc

Still too much of a price difference, as Ladislao said, the two spec out identically:

http://www.sennheisercommunications.com ... pc_usb.pdf

http://www.sennheisercommunications.com ... /PC150.pdf

Post subject: At least I'm not the only one who FINALLY agrees...
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 6:40 pm 

At least I'm not the only one who FINALLY agrees. I was going to ask Sennheiser Customer Service staff why, but as I thought about it some more, I would just be wasting my time. They'll just throw some reason, (bumb justification to make more money) on how much more technology is in the adapter for the PC155 than the PC150. But for $50.00-60.00 more, I just don't think it's really worth it. Thanks MocoMan and Fallsroad for you reviews, research and thoughts. Take care and talk to you guys soon, Ladislao...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 9:28 am 

fallsroad wrote:
Sideswiped wrote:

I've been tempted lately to buy a replacement cord for my 580. They're supposed to really make these things sing.

So far I've been very pleased with their performance through my vintage Marantz receiver.

You mean an after market connector cord?

I'd save the cash for an outboard headphone amp. No offense to the vintage Marantz receivers - they have amazing tuners in them - but the headphone output isn't the best it could be, especially with those 'phones.

They drive them perfectly. I've talked with a few people that have stated that the Marantz(22## and 10##, mine is a 2225) are among the best sub $400 amp you can purchase.