It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:17 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: SSD And Hard Drive
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:47 am 
Little Foot
Little Foot

i have 2 OCZ Vertex 3 Raid 0 For Windows 7 x64

i also have Seagate Barracuda 3TB but don't show up in C:

i just want to have the HDD As Back up to install Movie,Music ect.

Post subject: Re: SSD And Hard Drive
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:32 am 
Clawhammer
Clawhammer

If you're asking how to use the two SSDs in RAID 0 for Windows, you're going to have to reinstall Windows and install the RAID drivers before the setup. But someone else will have to fill in how to do that because I never did it.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:30 pm 
Bitchin' Fast 3D Z8000
Bitchin' Fast 3D Z8000

What's disk administration say about the 3 TB drive? You may be able to just assign it a drive letter in there.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:39 pm 
Team Member Top 500
Team Member Top 500

LatiosXT wrote:
If you're asking how to use the two SSDs in RAID 0 for Windows, you're going to have to reinstall Windows and install the RAID drivers before the setup. But someone else will have to fill in how to do that because I never did it.

Since he's saying the Baracuda doesn't show up... we can guestimate that he's already past Windows installation...

OP, you'll need to be logged in with an administrator account, Right click "Computer" in the start menu (or "My Computer" if you put it on your desktop) & select "Manage". Then click on "Disk Management" under the "Storage" section. Your computer will automatically search for all connected storage devices & should find the Baracuda & a window should pop up asking you what you want to do with the new drive. Just initiallize it, format it & you should be good to go.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:09 pm 
Little Foot
Little Foot

chaosdsm wrote:
LatiosXT wrote:

Since he's saying the Baracuda doesn't show up... we can guestimate that he's already past Windows installation...

OP, you'll need to be logged in with an administrator account, Right click "Computer" in the start menu (or "My Computer" if you put it on your desktop) & select "Manage". Then click on "Disk Management" under the "Storage" section. Your computer will automatically search for all connected storage devices & should find the Baracuda & a window should pop up asking you what you want to do with the new drive. Just initiallize it, format it & you should be good to go.
i did it :) i was able make drive show up. one last question how can i optimize HDD for Music Movie any tips/.

google music can't install it on Baracuda.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:41 pm 
Clawhammer
Clawhammer

The only way to optimize a hard drive for anything is to keep it defragged and minimize any file I/O that involves a write, which includes updating files (though updating the tag is fine), copying/moving files, or deleting files. If everything can be read sequentially, you'll have the best performance possible.