Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:41 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Problem with radio station on firefox
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 7:53 pm 

For some reason I cannot get WSPD live streaming feed to work on Firefox. I just installed it am I'm not sure what settings I might need to change to fix it.
It works great on internet explorer. Also Its not being blocked by a popup blocker. I have it disabled for this site
The station is here:
http://www.wspd.com/streamingisback.html
Thanks for your help

Post subject: Re: Problem with radio station on firefox
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 9:52 pm 

Bud Manley wrote:
For some reason I cannot get WSPD live streaming feed to work on Firefox. I just installed it am I'm not sure what settings I might need to change to fix it.
It works great on internet explorer. Also Its not being blocked by a popup blocker. I have it disabled for this site
The station is here:
http://www.wspd.com/streamingisback.html
Thanks for your help

No worries.

Go back to that link you posted, and click on the "click here to launch streaming player" link. It won't launch, but at the bottom left corner of Firefox will be a box with a square that has an "x" in it. Hover the mouse, and a text box pops up - "change pop up settings for this site." double click or right click, (can't remember which) and firefox will pop a box giving you the option to change cookie settings for this particular URL. Say "exempt," I think, and the player can be launched. Do be advised you'll get other opo ups from this site, but that's the price you pay.

I managed to get the registration screen, an ad, and what appears to be th eplayer itself to come up.

Hope this helps.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 8:08 am 

OK I do see the red box popping up. So I guess I was was wrong about that. I thought I had turned the popup blocking off. Unfortunatley when I click the START STREAMING NOW link the window flashes, is blocked then foxfire returns to the last viewed page almost instantley. I managed to get the change popup settings tab to come up but before I can click the page is gone. There has to be a way to change pop-up settings through the options or some such animal.
I'll figure it out I guess. That is after all what makes computers fun and as a bonus it makes me smarter.
Thanks for the reply. I really do appreciate it. You've at least got me going in the right direction.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 8:18 am 

I got it. I found the popp options under web settings and had to manually add www.streamaudio.com to the list of exemted sites.
I get the PIA popups but there are only a few and I'm perfectley willing to bite that bullet in order to get my Rush fix. Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 8:37 am 
Team Member
Team Member

Get the ieview extension for firefox and just right-click to open the link in IE.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 4:44 pm 

Bud Manley wrote:
I got it. I found the popp options under web settings and had to manually add www.streamaudio.com to the list of exemted sites.
I get the PIA popups but there are only a few and I'm perfectley willing to bite that bullet in order to get my Rush fix. Thanks

You are welcome.

We arrived in the same place via different means. When I exempted those doamins, it didn't work for me until the box popped up asking me to exempt. I know one domain sends you to another, so perhaps I failed to exempt the right one under Tools -->Options-->Cookies.

Glad all is well.