Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Fri Dec 26, 2014 8:11 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: eMachines EL1850 LAN not working....Please Help ASAP.
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:44 am 
Little Foot
Little Foot

Hey guys, my friend just bought an eMachines EL1850-01e from some guy at our local dirt-mall. When he bought it, everything was working for a few days, internet included, but after he started updating Windows he found out Windows wasn't genuine, the computer was supposed to come with Home, but Ultimate is installed...anyway..a day or so after getting Windows Genuine pop-ups his internet stopped working. When I got there, I noticed his LAN isn't coming up in Device Manager.... Is the Genuine thing causing it? if not, what can we do to fix this....the guy he bought it from isn't there anymore & he only paid $100 for it.

I downloaded the chipset & LAN drivers from Gateways support site for EL1850, but that didn't work....

I'm in need of fast advice here.

Thanks so much!!!

edit: If there is no way to fix this, how could we go about re-installing windows on it. On the side of the tower there is a windows code, but how would we install Windows, it came with no software and the original recovery partition was erased.
Is there somewhere I can download windows and put it as an ISO on Flashdrive or disc? Preferably a Flashdrive.

Post subject: Re: eMachines EL1850 LAN not working....Please Help ASAP.
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:40 am 
Willamette
Willamette

Which Windows OS are you attempting to use on this system? Windows Vista? Windows 7? And is the OS 32-bit or 64-bit in nature?

As for Windows Genuine Advantage pop-ups, it is more than likely that, since the OS is not legitimate, it cannot be activated and is, therefore, gradually crippling itself to the point that you will not be able to use it.

Also, depending on how old this computer is, you may be able to obtain recovery DVDs for it from eMachines. These discs would include any and all other software that came with the system when it shipped from the manufacturer.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:49 am 
Little Foot
Little Foot

It has Windows 7 ultimate, 64bit. The key code on the side of the tower is for Windows 7 Home Premium, 64bit.

The internet works fine with a wireless USB adapter, just the LAN is the only thing not working right. Any really cheap ones online he could buy that you could recommend...our local Walmart only has one, that's $50.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:11 am 
[Team Member]
[Team Member]

You won't get anymore advice until you install a legit operating system on this computer.

Nasty