Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:16 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Annoying Networking Problem
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:31 pm 

For the past couple of weeks, my wireless internet connection has been sporadically dropping. Regardless of activity, and at random intervals, I will lose internet access and then all wireless connection a few seconds later. Windows will then try to reconnect, which will work, sometimes. Resetting the wireless adapter through the troubleshooter works, sometimes. Restarting the router and modem will work, sometimes. It is only my computer that is having this issue, none of the 5-10 devices hooked up to the network are having any issues. The router is a Netgear N600, the modem is whatever Comcast rented to us, and the wireless network adapter is an ASUS PCE-N15 11n. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Post subject: Re: Annoying Networking Problem
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:14 am 
[Team Member]
[Team Member]

I would try reinstalling the driver for the wireless device in your computer and download, install, update and run Malwarebytes.

http://download.cnet.com/Malwarebytes-A ... tag=button

It is free and works well.

...had another thought or two...

Call your ISP and have them "ping" your modem. They will be able to tell you if it is good or failing. I did this and found out it was failing and they replaced it for free. If it isn't the modem it may be all you need to do is flash the firmware chip in the router to fix this issue. If that doesn't help you may either have a bad router and need to replace it or it is in fact maleware causing this issue.

Nasty