Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:44 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Upgrade or New PC?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:29 pm 

Hello there,

I am currently using this PC for work and occasionaly some gaming (Mainly WoW, D3 and GW2). The problem I have is that it keeps freezing on random times like it has memory issues, especially while using various browsers (even when I only have them open and NOTHING else).

Mainboard : ASRock P55M Pro
Chipset : Intel P55
Processor : Intel Core i5 750 @ 2666 MHz
Physical Memory : 12288 KB
Video Card : ATI Radeon HD 5670
Hard Disk : Seagate ST3250318AS ATA Device (250GB)
Hard Disk : Seagate ST3250318AS ATA Device (250GB)
CD-Rom Drive : DTSOFT Virtual CdRom Device
CD-Rom Drive : DTSOFT Virtual CdRom Device
Monitor Type : Samsung SMT23A350 - 23 inches
Monitor Type : Samsung SMT23A350 - 23 inches
Network Card : Realtek Semiconductor RTL8139/810x Fast Ethernet Adapter
FAN & Cooling: Cooler Master RS-520
Operating System : Windows 7 Ultimate Professional Media Center 6.01.7600 (64-bit)
DirectX : Version 11.00
Windows Performance Index : 5.9 on 7.9

Because of the work I do, I keep a LOT of programs open at the same time, for example FF with 50+ tabs, Safari with 30+ tabs, Thunderbird, Skype x 2, MSN x 3, ~3 doc files, ~2 excel files while I run on the background Nod32 Antivirus 5, Comodo Firewall, Perfect Disk, Actual Multiple Monitors (currently using two monitors), sidebar with some basic PC info + extras and I have modified the desktop using Stardock Fences + Stardock ObjectDock. Hopefully I didn't forget anything there.

I was thinking of either upgrading this PC or make a new one from scratch (although the thought of moving all my work + setup from this one to the new one makes me a bit nervous..).

I would like help with the whole build, money is NOT an issue at this moment BUT I have a few concerns which are:
- Should I go with SSD for Windows + a few main programs (no idea which ones though)
- I am thinking of getting a third monitor so I need a strong Graphics card or cards which can handle the monitors. My only problem is that the monitors only have HDMI connectivity.
- Should I add way more RAM to handle all the above programs?

Thank you very much for your time and help!
J

Post subject: Re: Upgrade or New PC?
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:01 pm 
Boy in Black
Boy in Black

You list a LOT of 30+'s there, let alone playing WoW which is memory hungry.

I'm going to be ChumDick now and say "I've pointed you in the right direction, now get back to fucking work and pay attention to the customer instead of WoW". And please don't charge them for any upgrade you make so you can ignore customers because you're about to raid.

I play games at work, but I only need 3 screens + 1 fun one. If you need 360 windows...I can't help ya there bro. I give you a hearty one finger salute. It's fucking WoW, not people that need you. Have a fucking heart and do your job that some crazy fuck gives you money for.