Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Thu Dec 25, 2014 7:23 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: What's your best ever PC related purchase?
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:02 pm 
Clawhammer
Clawhammer

Don't be shy, share your most enduring acquisition here. And for the record, your first 14.4 kbit/s modem and ISP account way back in 1995 counts.

Post subject: Re: What's your best ever PC related purchase?
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:19 am 
Million Club - 5 Plus
Million Club - 5 Plus

my 300 baud modem for my c64 and compuserve back in the late 70's.

also an original soundblaster with the built in 4 watt amp for my columbia 8088 IBM PC clone. games were never the same after that.

guess that stuff dates me heh.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:02 pm 
Boy in Black
Boy in Black

Scared me bro. Thought I said something to get deleted and couldn't think why. Oh...it's over there!

Double posting or linking to standing threads is never good. You RickRolled me there...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:42 am 
Clawhammer
Clawhammer

Gotcha! Actually I am just trying to push traffic. As you've likely noticed, there is about a dozen vocal visitors here nowadays. Far from the good 'ol days when you ruled this universe and it was a task to keep up with all the mindshare flying around this place. So, where do you spend your time and share your ideas lately? Or are you off on other ventures with your time and attention?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:43 pm 
Boy in Black
Boy in Black

LOL..."ruled" is relative. Remember that scene from Monty Python where he says "I am your king" and they started to argue "I didn't vote for ya". That's what makes it funny. I just carried around a pair of coconut shells and pondered the air speed velocities of laden swallows ;)

Call me stupid, but I think it's picking up Kleink. In forum form I still swear by this place as the best melting pot to ask a question in the world. We won't melt your brain and we won't undermine you. Sure there may be a wall of text here and there, but it's a wall of text in order to put it simply. The worst thing I can think of is someone asking what the sq root of -1 is, you tell them "i", and their head explodes.

I don't think the good ol' boys have left at all and see them in here daily. I spend my time in video games and here when I'm not busting my balls at work. "Here" is just a rarity as I find my own reset button. I found FB and trash that place instead of being an idiot here. I still watch other forums and have a rare reply, but this is home.

Traffic comes with great replies. That's %root%. I love it when I Google a problem I'm having and it takes me to a thread here we're already talking about even if it's years ago. /end rant