Maximum PC

It is currently Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:49 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Printer Issue
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:10 pm 
Klamath
Klamath

Hello,

I am currently having an issue with a Epson Stylus NX330 wireless printer. The issue I am having is that I cannot seem to print anything from my computer to my printer VIA a wireless connection. I have run through all the basics, such as making sure the printer's nozzle, etc, are cleaned and ready to go, checking ink levels, having the computer print test sheets to prove its functioning, making sure that the network in my home recognizes the WiFi from the printer and the laptop and clearing the spooler of any documents. On the laptop, it shows in Hardware and Sound that the printer is on and working just fine, and upon checking the settings on the printer, it is connected to the network just fine as well.

When I go to print a document from my computer, it begins to print but stalls halfway on the status progress bar and the spooler icon on the computer shows that there is an error, but it doesn't specify what the error is. I'm thinking this is an upload issue, but I cannot be sure. In an attempt to remedy the problem from the side of the computer, I have run through some basic steps, such as disabling startup programs and services (except Microsoft services and the Espon drivers), yet this has had no affect. I have also disabled the computer's firewall, etc, trying to see if any security issues are preventing the upload of the document to the printer. I have ran through every step that I know to get the printer to print the document from the computer but no joy. I would use another computer to confirm that the issue is with the computer having issues, but I unfortunately have no other WiFi device capable of doing so. Again, the printer is broadcasting on the SSID and working just fine to show that its available on the network.

I appreciate any insight or ideas to help me, as printers are not my strong field.

Thank you,

Tyler

Post subject: Re: Printer Issue
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:40 am 
Team Member Top 500
Team Member Top 500

Do you have a USB cable to hook up directly to the printer? If so try it, this will eliminate the print engine (the heart & brains of the printer) as the cause. If you have the same problem over USB, see about returning or replacing the printer. If it works fine over USB, then it's definitely a "wireless" issue.

How far apart are the printer, computer, & router?

Also, are you connecting directly from computer to printer (ad-hoc) or computer to router to printer (WAP)? Through a router or other Wireless Access Point is generally considered the "best" way, but either method can be used. But you do need to be sure that your printer supports ad-hoc if you're not using a router, and make sure that it's correctly setup for an ad-hoc connection, check your user manual for details.

If you're running through a wireless router, then any computer on your network can print wirelessly to the printer regardless of whether the computer is wirelessly or directly connected via network cable to the router.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:32 pm 
Klamath
Klamath

Hey chaosdsm,

I wanted to say thank you for getting back with me, and sorry that it has taken this long to make a reply. The network is setup so that the router and the laptop in question connect VIA through the router wirelessly. I checked on another wireless computer, and that wireless computer is able to talk to the printer and print just fine without issue. I have gone up and down with the bad laptop in question to ascertain why it will not connect, through checking the most basic operations of the network to security settings that may be causing issue. Nothing has shed any more insight thus far.

Thank you.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:13 am 
[Team Member]
[Team Member]

Did you try to uninstall the printer driver, then reinstall it? Don't laugh, sometimes that is all it takes to get things going again.

Nasty

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:06 pm 
Klamath
Klamath

Hey Nasty,

I also tried that suggestion of uninstalling and reinstalling the printer driver. This is one tough egg to crack.

Thank you.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:58 pm 
[Team Member]
[Team Member]

If you are using the driver off the cd, try downloading the new driver and install it after uninstalling the old driver.

It sounds hardware related. It may be the transmitter/receiver in the printer may be failing under load.

Nasty

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:51 pm 
Team Member
Team Member

Make sure that you have UPnP enabled on the machine that is having issues. Also what happens if you set up file and printer sharing on the computer that you know the printer works on and try to print to it that way, instead of a direct network install of the printer on the laptop?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:46 am 
Klamath
Klamath

Update

I want to thank you guys for helping me out, I truly appreciate it. After going nuts trying to figure out how to get the laptop to speak with the printer wirelessly, I decided a better solution would be to simply hookup a USB cable to the router itself and connect that way. A thanks to nsvander for the idea to do computer sharing, as it got me thinking about just having one of the computers that is always on be the temporary hub between the printer/router and the laptop in question.