Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:29 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Why no 670 GTX reviews?
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:57 pm 
Folding for Elena
Folding for Elena

I see the 660, and 680 yet no 670 review. The cards have been out a while now, yet no review?
Come on guys, this is your bread and butter here, get on the ball won't ya?

Post subject: Re: Why no 670 GTX reviews?
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:33 pm 
Little Foot
Little Foot

You are talking to the site that had a 7970 listed as the Best of the Best for 2 months after the 680 came out.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:43 pm 
Smithfield
Smithfield

Didn't they have a Q6600 or something as their Zero Point machine well after Nehalem was out?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:10 am 
Folding for Elena
Folding for Elena

look guys I don't expect them to update a zero point machine every week
the concept of zero point is to give a reference point that is relevant
it don't have to be the newest of the new, just something you can point to and say this versus that gave this result.

I don't get is why they make a HUGE DEAL about the 650 cards and 660 cards, and act like the 670 don't even exist. I run dual 570's and that is the price point I'm comfortable with for cards like this. The 680/690 are just too over the top at 500/1000 dollars. The *70's series tend to price out in the 340-399 range depending on maker an cooling options.

Come on maxpc, you guys are always telling us that you want input, and that its Hard to put a relevant article out when the internet has covered it all twice before you go to print. Review the damn card already. I've waited for some kind of round up of makers like Asus,Evga,whomever else you can find I don't care if its made by Sparkle!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:41 pm 
Folding for Elena
Folding for Elena

geeze anybody work on the magazine any more?
now they should understand why I let my subscription lapse this month. I have subbed since it was BOOT!
Now, why bother?
You guys have really let me down lately. Not the forum folks, I'm talking STAFF or what ever trained monkey's they got working now.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:44 pm 
Team Member Top 10
Team Member Top 10

Location: back on the right side of the middle of the left side YES i'm folding
I think that you would do better to post here http://www.maximumpc.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=11 since this is where the ask for reviews thread is.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:27 pm 
Folding for Elena
Folding for Elena

maybe
but I have given up

wonder what we will see reviewed next
hmm
I bet it will be a gtx 660 or yet another dual 690
or a budget beater 650!

honestly you would think that they would want to lay them out there, as there are only so many things to review, I was foolishly expecting them to review stuff!

It's actually kind of weird, I have had this magazine coming to my mail box for over a decade and now it's "gone". but then again, it was gone before it left the building.

yet another friend lost to the sands of time

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:25 pm 
Boy in Black
Boy in Black

Business politics has always been scary loving MPC; We didn't have an official forum until 2004. It's just something the higher ups haven't yet grasped. Hell, I gotta go to Tested to even see Will do anything when it STILL doesn't happen here. It's just an undermined format and kinda like the radio world not understanding tech. I have a feeling Future Media swears by the blog mentality and are just thrusting through bad decisions, even as their other ventures fail.

To get a 670 review, you just Google and visit the other sites and pick the one you trust. Hardware Canucks, PC Perspective, Anandtech...stuff like that. But if you want blogs, we sure have them! Wanna know how to build a computer, welp...you get that monthly. Water cool like a noob, bi-monthly (zipties). Do you get the feeling that Maximum is being parlayed for "user"? It's top down and Gordo is the only one really wanting to geek out. Every one there is just a writer, not from the tech field to actually dig in anymore.

I'm just full of disappoint feels. It's like they aren't sold on paper or digital and are just playing it safe. Is "weak sauce" too old of a term? Yeah it is...but it's weak sauce.

Wanna review of the 670? It's awesome and you should have bought it a long time ago. Now with the 660Ti you have a comparable card that's less expensive, so don't buy a 670. And if you fold, Keplers aren't linear with shaders anymore and the PPD Delta are minimal where it's more economic to have a 660Ti (but really a 460 for that matter; if you can find them). How's them apples? Graphic cards are over running displays, most of us are overpowered already, and just need some review site to point that out; Real geeks cutting you straight. No, that's not something you want in print, but for sure is something you get in forums.

/me holds envelope to my head: Next month will have a budget build in the MAXIMUM PC build and how it fits in the slots when you build. Come on, we're not all in San Fran.

(Note: Anandtech has a GREAT read on memory speeds and their worth. That's something I've re-read 3 times just to suck up some knowledge to back my own trials. Would like to see it here...sigh)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:34 pm 
Boy in Black
Boy in Black

MPC is not on any shelves at any local store within 20 miles BTW. It's not even listed in any of the school kid's programs where I pay money for reading material for whatever cause. I just paid up for 2 yrs of Sport Rider and Motorcyclist while ignoring MPC all together. I love the forum, but the print is lame.

CPU magazine...get those guys on board and I'll buy it! John C. Dvorak, Anand? This is going to piss people off, but you have newspaper editors re-blogging/ RT'ing shit that hits the public. Does anyone but Gordon have an opinion? /rant

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:45 pm 
Smithfield
Smithfield

So yes, while it may be bad that MPC has no GTX 670 reviews, you shouldn't rely on them anyways for all of your hardware review needs (as much as their higher ups would like us to).

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:47 pm 
Folding for Elena
Folding for Elena

some how I am not surprised at your post there Chumly.
I have not had the opportunity to talk to you in the mIRC in a long while.

Yeah, I think I will be keeping my gtx 570's for the duration it seems. I was going to do a new build this fall, but honestly I just don't see it.
I'm still running the board and processor I got from GSmithman. Old school i7 940 and dual 570s with 12 gb of DDR3

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:42 pm 
Boy in Black
Boy in Black

Yeah, I just don't jump in there anymore and pay attention to TWiT on my nights and weekends, and PC Perspective when I can catch 'em live. People are just there to talk to.

The 940 isn't out of date yet. Heck, what I've been doing is shrinking builds and finding myself pretty happy with i3/i5 iTX shoeboxes vise i7 towers. I just feel I have a lot of power already. Too much? No such thing...but not everything has to be awesome builds when one has multiple computers.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:48 pm 
Folding for Elena
Folding for Elena

yeah this is true

I was planning on parting this one out and building my 16 year old daughter a rig out of the parts and then using that to justify my new build lol. She may well be just getting a i3/i5 rig from new with just onboard vid she dont need high power to fold or nothing, just a high schooler wanting a pc instead of my laptop she keeps using.