Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Thu Dec 25, 2014 10:34 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: MSI products and 4myrebate.com still scamming customers
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:47 pm 
Bitchin' Fast 3D Z8000
Bitchin' Fast 3D Z8000

I bought a case thinking 'gee thats a bit steep but with the rebate its a good deal'. As with many rebates its a scam to get you to pay full price while promising a rebate you will never recieve. To be actually funny when I click on the website link for my documentation it is 'corrupted'. Sure it is whatever. I made copies before I sent it it and included my newegg invoice. I also have the cardboard box missing the upc that I taped to the form. Did I mention I made copies? Yup They scammed me. I have had no answer for over 30 days. I have been patient but now I am letting everyone know that MSI is guilty of using a scam rebate company to process rebates. Here are the 2 letters. I can always scan and post the rebate form with the UPC taped to it.

Funny thing that 40$, I am part of our purchasing at work and do lots of side business with Systems here in town. Thanks to a lot of Commport time and other sites I keep up with reviews and have a respected opinion with many local businesses. Its not much but we will not be making any purchases involving MSI branded products. I will also be on the lookout for any rebates processed by these con artists. (although CDW and our other authorized units usually discount through bulk orders.)

<indentifying info removed>
Dear ,

Your rebate application has been received and is currently in queue for processing. You will be notified via email once your status has been updated. For more details please logon to our website to check your rebate status.

To "Track Your Rebate" please click on the following link: http://msi.4myrebate.com/Claim/CheckRebateStatus/?

Here’s a summary of your rebate registration:

E-mail Address:
Rebate Tracking Number:
Rebate Offer: MSI-11251
Rebate Item : MSI ATX Mid Tower Case
Rebate Item UPC number(s) : 4712523621650
Rebate Award: $40.00
Service level Basic: $0.00
Final Award: $40.00

Thank you for using msi.4myrebate.com!
2 days later:

Dear ,

Your Rebate was not approved for the following reason(s)

- Copy of Invoice is missing
- Original UPC & Serial Number Barcode label is missing

Our decision to not approve your rebate claim was based upon examination of the documents that we received from you.
If you wish to view all documentation you may simply click on this link http://msi.4myrebate.com/Claim/CheckReb ... ngnumber=1

However, the rebates sponsoring manufacture/reseller has authorized us to offer you one additional opportunity to resubmit for this rebate claim.
There is only one exception to resubmitting, and that is, if your rebate claim was denied due to being outside of the allowable time frame, then
unfortunately you are not eligible to resubmitt.

For those of you that are eligible to resubmitt, kindly follow the following steps:

1 - Kindly click on http://msi.4myrebate.com/Claim/CheckReb ... ingnumber= to resubmit.
2 - Once you complete Step #1, simply reprint and sign your rebate application from the Rebate Status page by clicking on the link that reads "Print Your Rebate".
3 - Include any missing documentation and/or information that we have listed above as the reason(s) for your claim being denied.
4 - Send your printed rebate along with all required documentation to the PO Box address indicated on the rebate application. For your convenience the rebate application contains a mailing label with the preprinted address.
5 - In order for your claim to be re-considered, you must to resubmit within 30 days from the date that your original rebate application was declined.
6 - For all customer service inquiries, please call:877-552-3988 Mon. - Fri. 9-6 pm (EST) or send an email to: msi@help.4myrebate.com.

Post subject: Re: MSI products and 4myrebate.com still scamming customers
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:59 am 
Bitchin' Fast 3D Z8000
Bitchin' Fast 3D Z8000

I finally got through to a representative. He says that the 'invoice' I sent is not correct that I sent the 'shipment confirmation reciept' from newegg and thats not acceptable.

I went and looked on newegg and I am not the only one denied. Then I went and looked a bit and they have denied ASUS rebates with the same message to buyers.

Anyone using them be advised they will find a reason to deny as they expect you to not fight after the first denial. They ignored me through the 30 day limit. It was deliberate as I sent the items in again. I have a copy of what I sent and that receipt is what newegg sent me (you have to send that rebate in QUICK as the window is small)

I saw many many people that have been denied and the email always reads the same. Its my fault in believing in a rebate. I used to like MSI stuff but no longer.

V

Post subject: Re: MSI products and 4myrebate.com still scamming customers
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:57 pm 
Bitchin' Fast 3D Z8000
Bitchin' Fast 3D Z8000

Wow, after getting really mad and emailing some addresses and cancelling a lot of purchase orders with some vendors it seems my rebate was processed today 9/26/12

Might not work for everyone but hey when you make some noise I guess people listen.

Be warned about 4myrebate.com they seem to require extra pushing.

V