Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:19 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Industrial machine / \ Accessing locked out desktop
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:15 am 

Hey,
I have an industrial machine that runs WinXP in the background. Upon boot it loads the proprietary software and locks out all access to the desktop, My Computer, any other programs / files, etc. I can access the desktop by doing a Safe Boot yes, but I don’t want to do that. Not even CTRL / ALT / DEL works, it brings up a screen “Windows XP Embedded” and the standard items such as “TASK MANAGER” are greyed out, the only option is “CANCEL”.

I know it’s possible to do this as the machine manufacturer said it was, but didn’t want to tell me how.

Is there a way to access the desktop with a secret series of keystrokes? How about a program that loads upon boot that will allow me to access said desktop?

Post subject: Re: Industrial machine / \ Accessing locked out desktop
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:12 am 
Clawhammer
Clawhammer

There is but why don't you have the password? Why won't the manufacturer share it or the bypass? Who is the manufacturer? What exactly is an industrial machine, anyway? This doesn't sound legit. If it was, they would assist you and certainly not turn you away and allow your production or "work" to go down. Even so, the only way I'd share the magic is thru PM, not across this board for the world to see.