PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 12:22 pm 
I'd rather be modding!
I'd rather be modding!

Clownpuncher wrote:
How about some real forum issues! How about this one. I visit
this site about 3 times a week...and everytime i visit i see some
thread about how one guy writes something harmless and then
a moderator comes out of nowhere...and disagrees with some guy
and when he doesnt feel like arguing he threatens to ban the guy.
Dont get me wrong...ive read alot of threads that should be deleted
or the user should be banned....but its seems like the moderators
are just attacking guys cause they dont agree with what they write
about. Ban me if u want...youll just be proving my point.

Hmmm.......

I have only seen the mods go overboard twice. Once here and once at Commport. Here, it was an issue of the poster not backing off and also not understanding the history of this forum here and at commport. I also think that if that poster felt he had figured out why he was banned, they would let him back in.

In your case, you need to realize that when a mod comes down on someone there is often a bit of history behind it. Like its not the first time the person has been a problem.

If you repect the Mods they will usually give you a bit of leeway - if you don't then they will nail you first chance they get.

BTW - this comes up about once a week around here.

Also - don't let the numbers fool you - someone with 50 posts here may have had 10,000 at commport. That means the Mods know them reasonably well and know when they need a spanking :)

Anyways - I don't know why I bother posting this. Normally people don't really want a question answered when they post the stuff you did. If you are different, so be it.

Manta

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 12:24 pm 
Boy in Black
Boy in Black

Clownpuncher wrote:

Dead...horse...can't stop...beating!

Dude, there's been many a thread about this and recieved the brutal truth already. Why the fuck do you have to drag it back out? If you want to hear that we think it's ok to have a childish platform to post in, it ain't going to happen! There's hundreds of other forums out there that allow flame wars, but it's not in this domain.

And I DARE you to point where this actually happened the way you are recalling it. We don't ban on one account and never have. You probably don't read every single post like we do and see these people that go out of their way to say "fuck you asshat, I build great systems with super glue and duct tape. You are fuxoring butt munch". Yup, they get banned. We just don't want their type as it dumbs the entire place down. If they'd just stay in the LL, that's one thing. But when they come out into the intellectual threads and still post like that...well, it's when they get noticed. I'd even bet that if those that get banned drop a simple e-mail to one of us with the words "I appologize" somewhere in it, the doors would open back up for them. That they don't just shows that they don't to be here anyway. We did them a favor.

Again, with all the [PC] members that we have, as a coven we see each individual's post over and over again then make a decision. Because you see a post or two doesn't mean that he/she was banned due to those alone.

I'll be the first one to say to counterpoint me as much as you want in any thread, but when it comes to "Fuck you prick", the conversation is over and a warning is issued. And it's not just the [PC] that you can't talk shit to. In fact, the last person banned was talking shit to ShftyGoat who is the bane of exsistance to certain mods...I still can't find anyone that has been banned because they disagreed with a mod or [PC] member.

All in all, this is a club...you can't bring a naked and drooling bum into a golf course clubhouse can you? We don't keep the rent high here, we just maintain that you have to follow the small list of rules we have.

And I'm sick and fucking tired of defending them. Look at all the time I've wasted on these couple posts to folks trying to explain that it isn't bad.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 12:38 pm 
Monkey Federation (Top 10)*

Chumly wrote:

And I'm sick and fucking tired of defending them. Look at all the time I've wasted on these couple posts to folks trying to explain that it isn't bad.

Maybe we can sticky the first offence, since it was for the same reasons? That should take care of it sufficenetly. There were a lareg handful of replies that take care of everything reitterated here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 1:17 pm 
Boy in Black
Boy in Black

I don't see the use as the "Rules" page should do the trick by themselves.

I just don't get why folks think we're all a bunch of assholes:p I'm the LAST person that would stand there and points to the damned rules all the time! I'm the one usually on the other side of the "personal property" sign :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 1:19 pm 

Well it was just a thought, because he illustrated everything that the future ones could ever come up with, and he really got a health dose of bashing. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 1:36 pm 
Boy in Black
Boy in Black

Ya, I think public hangings are pretty cool too! I kinda feel that the description to why the people got banned should have been a little more discriptive, but anyone can look in the banned's (???) profile and see the posts that got them bounced.

But again, this is such a dead monkey issue and beating it even more is in vain. Freewill should allow people to move on or stick around. No one makes me, you, or anyone else here stay if we don't like it.

Anthrax: "I don't do this for spite. You've got the choice, don't buy it, don't read it, And don't say your opinion's right
You fucking whores (You fuckin' whores) That's all you are "

:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 1:39 pm 

100% agreed :) Except for the monkey comment! lol Its a HORSE! lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 2:02 pm 
Boy in Black
Boy in Black

Spider Monkey wrote:
Except for the monkey comment! lol Its a HORSE! lol

Freudian slip...opps!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 2:47 pm 
Bitchin' Fast 3D Z8000
Bitchin' Fast 3D Z8000

Clownpuncher wrote:

I've seen very little of that as well...show us an example.

Oh and email notification has stopped working for me as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 3:20 pm 

Chumly wrote:
Ya, I think public hangings are pretty cool too! I kinda feel that the description to why the people got banned should have been a little more discriptive, but anyone can look in the banned's (???) profile and see the posts that got them bounced.

But again, this is such a dead monkey issue and beating it even more is in vain. Freewill should allow people to move on or stick around. No one makes me, you, or anyone else here stay if we don't like it.

Anthrax: "I don't do this for spite. You've got the choice, don't buy it, don't read it, And don't say your opinion's right
You fucking whores (You fuckin' whores) That's all you are "

:)

Chumly, Ghostwheel is right the guy has a marytr complex. You're going to run into guys like this all the time and if they see that they've hit a nerve with you they'll be back. These guys prod and probe looking for something that sets people off and then they feel like they're special and intelligent. If they disagree with the way the mods handle things to bad! End all your postings with a signature ( I'm guessing that you can do that even tho ours are turned off ) that includes the rules of conduct. The repetion alone will send them home.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 3:39 pm 

Can anybody say hick-up. Does that count as 2 posts?