Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:19 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Razer Ouroboros PC Mouse Announced!
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:15 pm 

Razer has made more than its share of high end PC mouse products, and today the company unveiled its newest device in that genre. The Razer Ouroboros wireless mouse not only has a high sensitivity rating but also has a number of customizable features.

The Ouroboros mouse is ambidextrous in design, which should make left handed PC users happy. In addition, the mouse can be physically adjusted lenghtwise (up to 0.9 inches) along with its back arch; this should allow people to adjust the mouse in order to create the best feeling in their hand.

There are also two types of side panels available for the Ouroboros, which can be interchanged. This will, in theory, allow the mouse to give users the best contact with their fingers. There are a total of 11 programmable buttons on the mouse, all of which can be customized with the included software.

Like most of Razer's PC mouse products, the sensitivity of the Ouroboros can be adjusted on the fly, up to 8200 DPI with its combo laser and optical sensor setup. There's even a DPI clutch trigger, which can quickly increase or decrease the sensitivity of the mouse.

The included rechargeable AA battery should be good enough for 12 hours of gaming, according to Razer but all of this won't come cheap. The company will sell the Ouroboros for $129.99 when it is released in the fourth quarter of 2012.

http://www.razerzone.com/ouroboros

Post subject: Re: Razer Ouroboros PC Mouse Announced!
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:29 am 
[Team Member]
[Team Member]

If I can't plug it in I don't want it.

I hate battery powered products! The batteries quit when you need them the most.

Nasty

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:55 am 

It is cordless & corded, it just depends on the person using it.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:15 am 
Smithfield
Smithfield

Nastyman wrote:
If I can't plug it in I don't want it.

I hate battery powered products! The batteries quit when you need them the most.

Nasty

It's gotten way better, at least for mice. I've had two Logitech wireless mice, the first one was with my laptop which got some mild use, it lasted at least a year and a half on a single AA battery. I'm now using an M510 as my primary for both desktop and laptop usage and got it at the beginning of the year. Still using the same batteries. This is a massive improvement over the G7 I bought back in 2006, where I had to swap the battery daily.

Ironically, with all the green awards Apple gets, I've had to swap batteries out of their wireless keyboard whenever I want to use it, which is usually months between those times.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:39 pm 

Hi everyone I found THE best video review for the Ouroboros and looks like a friggin' Razer commercial.
http://youtu.be/8Q56524Q1LE

Last edited by Belboz99 on Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Corrected URL tags