Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:04 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Browser of choice?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:24 pm 
Willamette
Willamette

Sorry if this has already been asked, but was just curious what browser people use (mostly)? IE, Chrome, Firefox, Safari, etc...

(My real question is this: is Chrome any more/less secure than Firefox?)

Post subject: Re: Browser of choice?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:27 pm 
Smithfield
Smithfield

I use Firefox, since it got a lot better since 4 and it has plugins I can't find elsewhere.

And vanilla, who knows? It's probably just a matter of exploits that you can easily avoid by not going to suspicious websites. But I hear there isn't a NoScript for Chrome, so Firefox wins if you want to go that far.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:29 pm 
Million Club - 5 Plus
Million Club - 5 Plus

I resisted upgrading Firefox from version 3.x, but since I found out how to make version 11.x look just like the old one without all the stupid tabs and other Chrome-clone BS, I've been a happy camper with it.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 7:17 am 

I like Firefox and have for years. I started using them as a main browser a few years ago after some problems with IE on my desktop PC. I went back to IE for awhile on my current laptop, just to compare and decided to go back to Fox.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 3:01 pm 

Firefox for me I was a big Mozilla fan years ago and was confused by why the newest version was so horrible (I did not know that AOL had bought the company)

I think I might have spent a year using Safari and then jumped shipped to FF at some stage - have never looked back

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 10:14 pm 
Smithfield
Smithfield

Since Mozilla picked up their game after version 4 (and I think it really got better at 9), I've stuck with Firefox throughout everything I use. If I need an alternative browser, I use IE 9

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:53 pm 

i use chrome when i am browsing and when i am developing the some thing i use mozilla coz it provide more extentions for developers

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:42 pm 

I used to use firefox but it was having issues with the drivers for my video card, so now i'm exclusively chrome. Takes some getting used to :}

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:34 am 

Since Mozilla grabbed their activity after edition 4 (and I think it really got better at 9), I've trapped with Chrome throughout everything I use. If I need an substitute web browser, I use IE 9 :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:14 pm 

for the moment am using firefox it doese have many plugins
and i don't have any idea which browser is secure

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:44 pm 
Team Member Top 1000
Team Member Top 1000

My choice would have to be chrome.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:58 am 
Coppermine
Coppermine

Been with FF for quite a long time. I like the fact that it's, compared to IE, small, has tons on add-ons, takes contributions from actual users, is very fast.

In the old days, FF was the renegade browser when IE was literally everywhere. IE back then had like a 80% market share. It was nuts back then. Microsoft forcing pc makers to include IE/Windows with their products. FireFox was the people's browser and my loyalty rolls with them and a lot of that has to do with history.

What the future holds??? Who knows but as of today FF is still the king. They really make you feel like YOU are a part of the browser process. Almost intimately with the themes, tabs (which THEY invented btw and of course, IE came out with tabs the following quarter).

Younger people need to do research and learn about how Microsoft became who they are. Not very nice, not very creative and a lot of intellectual theft made them who they are but his thread is not about that.......sorry.

I highly recommend FireFox. It's a great browser that you certainly will feel a part of after you custom tailor it to fit your needs and appearance.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:08 pm 
Clawhammer
Clawhammer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:45 pm 

Opera, it packs in a ton of useful features you can't get anywhere else while providing good speed and the lowest memory usage. These features include stuff like the ability to use any search engine from the address bar (press g first for Google, w for Wikipedia, yt for Youtube, etc - you can even add your own) and the best implementation of tabs I've seen, with easy tab previewing and switching features, Opera Turbo, which compresses pages for faster speeds on slow networks, full keyboard control... the list goes on.

Sure, sites pester you all the time about your "outdated browser" when they don't recognize Opera, but that's a small price to pay for such a huge suite of features.

http://www.opera.com