Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:35 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Laptop Touch Screen
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:20 am 

Hi everyone. I was wondering where I could find a touch screen kit for my laptop. I have an HP Pavilion g7 (17.3" 16:9 aspect ratio).

I need one that I can put between the LCD screen and the front bezel; not one that velcros to the lid.
It needs to be a resistive screen so I can use a stylus.
I'd extremely prefer one that solders or somehow connects inside the laptop, but if one can't be found, I'll settle for a USB one.
Single-touch is fine, but if you could find a multi-touch one on the cheap, that'd be great.

Thanks.

Post subject: Re: Laptop Touch Screen
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:39 pm 
Smithfield
Smithfield

Considering that laptops are usually built with those dimensions in mind, you're going to have to either mod the entire laptop to essentially be a tablet, or get a removable touch screen interface if you want close it. I'm giving up on the latter since I don't see a market for it and Google doesn't come up with anything immediately.

Your best bet is something like http://www.instructables.com/id/Windows-8-Tablet/

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:14 am 

When I get it, I just need to shave a little out from under the front bezel where the screen will fit, install it, and solder the connector to one of the USB ports/headers.
I found touch screens all over the internet, but I can't find one my exact size. I just need help finding an item.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:33 am 

Hi everyone. I was thinking where I might discover a touchscreen technology kit for my computer. I have an HP Pavilion g7 (17.3" 16:9 element ratio).

I need one that I can put between the LCD display and the top side bezel; not one that velcros to the lid.
It needs to be a resistive display so I can use a stylus pen.
I'd incredibly choose one that solders or somehow joins within laptops computer, but if one can't be discovered, I'll negotiate for a USB one.
Single-touch is excellent, but if you might discover a multi-touch one on the inexpensive, that would be excellent. :lol: