Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Sat Dec 27, 2014 9:31 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: All Hail the New King-WikingTOR!!
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:27 am 
Folding for Elena
Folding for Elena

By the end of the day, my friend and teammate WikingTOR will replace me atop the MaxPC rankings. He is a worthy successor and I have been grateful to hold the spot for so long. However, the new sweet spot in folding is with multi-proc boards and server-type software and I hope to increase my knowledge soon and get on board with this type of folding. The [H] men are the unquestioned resource in this type of folding and even have folks who have been able to overclock server procs and pull down over 1 million ppd, way beyond my skillset for sure, so check their site for info and help getting started if interested. The summer heat and rising electric costs have currently made GPU folding shelved for now also. The thing for folders of any amount is that Stanford welcomes and need your work and appreciates your efforts, whatever you can do. Fold On and join me to wish King WikingTOR continued folding success.

Post subject: Re: All Hail the New King-WikingTOR!!
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:47 pm 
Team Member Top 10
Team Member Top 10

Thank you for your kind words you have done a lot for folding doc and team 11108, so you are an inspiration for all of us. I remember i once told Gordon when he dragged me into the forums that my long term goal was to reach the "top" and he replied - "and im sure you one day will", but really the main point is that folding is important for science (and checking stats etc is addictive and fun!)

And as you say every WU counts and are important, so dont think for a second that there is no point in folding cause i only do a few WU in a week, imaging if 100 000 folks are thinking the same,, that's a lot of lost WU! :)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:41 am 
Team Member Top 100
Team Member Top 100

WikingTOR, wow! My hat is off to you! Amazingly fast rise to the top. So glad you are a part of the MaxPC squad.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:01 am 
Team Member Top 50
Team Member Top 50

Congrats. I've been watching the weekly updates on the Gordon's Million weekly thread. Good job! My hat goes off to both of you!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:59 am 
Monkey Federation (Top 10)*
Monkey Federation (Top 10)*

Good job bro. Been a LOOOOOOOOOONG time since I was on top of the list.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:33 am 
Team Member Top 100
Team Member Top 100

It's not often when there is a change in the the Top 5 pecking order of our team. When there is, it's usually heralded by the ground shaking and bolts of lightning! :shock: 8)

I always notice it, because I live a stone's-throw from Valhalla!(Valhalla, NY, that is!)

:P

Congratulations, WikingTOR!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:50 pm 
Team Member Top 50
Team Member Top 50

Congratulations!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:07 pm 
Million Club - 10 Plus
Million Club - 10 Plus

WikingTOR wrote:
Thank you for your kind words you have done a lot for folding doc and team 11108, so you are an inspiration for all of us. I remember i once told Gordon when he dragged me into the forums that my long term goal was to reach the "top" and he replied - "and im sure you one day will", but really the main point is that folding is important for science (and checking stats etc is addictive and fun!)

And as you say every WU counts and are important, so dont think for a second that there is no point in folding cause i only do a few WU in a week, imaging if 100 000 folks are thinking the same,, that's a lot of lost WU! :)

Just to add to the BOLD text again. Every Work Unit counts, any time and resources are a step closer to understanding and helping us understand what we still do not! I am proud to be a member of 11108 (MaximumPC, Boot) team. To think that one WU a day means nothing is wrong, don't stop and keep doing what you can.

WikingTOR has given a great contribution to F@H but don't forget the little guys do as well.

Keep on folding, for the answer......

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:14 am 
Team Member Top 10
Team Member Top 10

Congratulations, Wikingtor! It's quite a feat to make it to "Big dog on the block" status. That news is very inspiring. Keep 'em folding!

I've just built a newer machine, but alas, not with multi-cpu muscle. I may just take that new machine out for a spin folding, though.

Way to fold, Wikingtor! :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:01 am 
Team Member Top 100
Team Member Top 100

Oops, I thought I replied to this back when I saw it, guess not.

Congrats WikingTOR! Way to fold on. I never thought Doc could be caught!. Keep on Foldin' On!