Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:40 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Temp monitoring
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:46 pm 
Little Foot
Little Foot

As this is the "Cooling Corner" hopefully i can find out some information on what you guys use for Temperature monitoring. I'm asking because my Asus P8z77v-Pro board with Intel 3770K CPU is getting mixed results no matter which program i use.

http://flic.kr/p/cejTnY

As you can see from the flicker pic above I have HWMonitor, SpeedFan, and Aida64 side by side and all three have different readings with speedfan looking the most wrong (possibly). Also, (though no picture) i have Asus's Temperature monitor application that came with the motherboard and it doesn't show me temps for each core but it showed CPU temp at 32 Celsius after i took that snip which is possibly a degree or two off the others. Completely unsure of what is right or if they are all wrong. Anyone else having similar readings? Also, why are the apps all different. You'd think they'd be pulling data from the same sensors but now it just seems like they are making up numbers.

Post subject: Re: Temp monitoring
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:47 am 
Clawhammer
Clawhammer

Yep, they are all wrong...by design. They take algorithmic temps on the core. It's not an exact science and each uses slightly different calcs. I've found the most accurate to be CoreTemp. Others in my OC circle of friends use Real Temp and everyone denounces SpeedFan. I think the trick is just to stick with one single app and buy the data hook line and sinker.