Maximum PC

It is currently Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:53 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: I Can't Hide My Sticky Notes From My Taskbar
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 9:41 am 

Hey everybody!

I hope all of you are doing well.

I am quite non techie girl so excuse me if this questions is too "noobish"

I have Windows 7 Premium (32 Bit) installed on my PC. I use Sticky Notes a lot, ideally they should only be on my desktop screen, but sticky notes program keeps sitting there on my task bar, also, when I switch on my PC, all my Sticky Notes disappear, what do I do so that sticky note is not on task bar and should show when I restart/switch on my PC. :?

Thanks a lot.

Margaret

Post subject: Re: I Can't Hide My Sticky Notes From My Taskbar
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 3:04 pm 

As far as I know, it is impossible (for non-techie folks anyway) to hide sticky notes from the taskbar, since it runs just like any other program on your system. If it's a real bother for you, I would take a look at a program called "TrayIt!" and follow the instructions on the website. It will allow you to hide any program (including sticky notes) into the system tray (the group of icons in the lower right on the taskbar).

To make sticky notes appear at startup, simply open your start menu, type "sticky notes", right-click on it and select "Copy". Then close the start menu and reopen it, and click "all programs" button near the bottom and find the folder named "Startup". Right-click the folder and select "Paste". Anything that is in the "Startup" folder will be automatically run when your computer turns on, so putting sticky notes in there will make it open once your computer turns on.