It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:26 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 6:22 am 
Team Member Top 500
Team Member Top 500

Found it.

http://www.a1-electronics.net/Heatsinks/2003/EverCool_WC-101_Apr03.shtml

The whole kit is crap IMO. But it does have that style waterblock.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 9:32 am 
Boy in Black
Boy in Black

Good find! I was thinking of that one as well. There's still another feable attempt out there somewhere:p I'll run across it again soon I hope so I can post a pic as well...

Post subject: heh
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 7:35 pm 
Bitchin' Fast 3D Z8000
Bitchin' Fast 3D Z8000

Chumly wrote:
Good find! I was thinking of that one as well. There's still another feable attempt out there somewhere:p I'll run across it again soon I hope so I can post a pic as well...

http://www.bigbruin.com/reviews/poseido ... arge/5.jpg

;)

Post subject: Re: heh
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 3:47 am 
Team Member Top 500
Team Member Top 500

Jima13 wrote:
Chumly wrote:

http://www.bigbruin.com/reviews/poseido ... arge/5.jpg

;)
Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /reviews/poseidonwcl03/large/5.jpg on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.31 Server at www.bigbruin.net Port 80

:( :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 3:49 am 
Team Member Top 500
Team Member Top 500

Which is ok, because I seen the name of the kit in the link and found a review :)

http://www.ascully.com/modules.php?name ... ent&id=373

Post subject: My bad for linking to an image
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 2:35 pm 
Bitchin' Fast 3D Z8000
Bitchin' Fast 3D Z8000

so I backed out the .jpg> http://www.bigbruin.net/reviews/poseidonwcl03/

Post subject: Re: My bad for linking to an image
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 3:40 am 
Team Member Top 500
Team Member Top 500

Jima13 wrote:

I did that as well, but I wanted to find a place that would allow me to view a full size image of the kit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 1:48 pm 
Team Member Top 10
Team Member Top 10

Location: back on the right side of the middle of the left side YES i'm folding
i dont think it will work either, you will be using case temperature air to try and cool a block that is already cooler than the air being used to cool it. i use water on the cpu only, and the case temp is always 10 or more degrees higher that is with a 120 and an 80 in, and 2 80s out plus the dual fan 550 truepower, still is interesting concept. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 6:28 pm 
Willamette
Willamette

g.m.waters (red ranger3) wrote:
i dont think it will work either, you will be using case temperature air to try and cool a block that is already cooler than the air being used to cool it. i use water on the cpu only, and the case temp is always 10 or more degrees higher that is with a 120 and an 80 in, and 2 80s out plus the dual fan 550 truepower, still is interesting concept. :)

uh...the water should be about the same temp as the air because it runs off air cooling also (radiator)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 1:18 pm 
Team Member Top 500
Team Member Top 500

BiggPa wrote:

uh...the water should be about the same temp as the air because it runs off air cooling also (radiator)

Yes, and no. If your radiator is positioned in a place that it gets a healthy supply of fresh air from outside the case, then it should make the water lower than the case ambient air that would be cooling the sinked waterblock. He isn't saying colder than room air, but rather colder than the case air and this is possible to do to an extent, especially if your Radiator is an external unit .

Last edited by IamDeMan on Mon Jul 19, 2004 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 1:19 pm 
Team Member Top 500
Team Member Top 500

Sorry, some glitch caused me to double post.

Post subject: Re: My bad for linking to an image
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 2:52 pm 
Boy in Black
Boy in Black

Jima13 wrote:

Still not the POS I had seen. This one I seen was an actual HS/F with some water in it. Totally weird thing it was. Maybe it was so shitty that they erased it from exsistance!?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 3:02 pm 
Boy in Black
Boy in Black

i dont think it will work either, you will be using case temperature air to try and cool a block that is already cooler than the air being used to cool it.

This is something I've been toying with actually. I've always just had the radiator mounted on the inside the case on the dual fan outlets. Having it up front would draw the fresh air through the radiator, but exhaust the warm air right into the case. But the theory that the warmer air being used to cool the radiator like I do is pretty sound.

I just feel it's pretty realitive in some cases (pun intended). I have an OTES card so that air goes right outside. Then with the CPU being cooled by water, there's no HS/F to blow hot air around and it's actually being pushed right out the back of the case through the radiator. Then, the only other item in there that makes heat is the Mobo's power which again is handled with an Abit OTES config. This just leaves the harddrives and general convection of the parts to heat the guts of the case. So....the case is even cooler than a normally cooled box and, again, pretty realitive.

I've done nothing really scientific to confirm this, but I don't have any problems. Now, the OUTSIDE of the case is hot! I can't set here on hot days without running the A/C. This little corner I play in just gets freaking unbearible. If I post like a grumpy bastard in here, blame the heat!