Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:19 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Minecraft MPplayers, this is our thread
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:13 pm 
Boy in Black
Boy in Black

Generic thread about minecraft and working stuff out.

If you've been doing single player mode and sunk a LOT of time into it, this probably isn't for you. If you're into multiplayer and in a dedicated server with 20 others running around, well this isn't for you either. So who's it for?

General Minecraft players of course. With all the variants out there I got sick of them very quickly. Creative is one thing, Bukkit servers with random plug-ins...so let's just talk about Minecraft in it's survival form as it's meant to be played. The Wiki is awesome, but I try not to look at it unless I'm screwed and it really isn't clear for the most part. So let's look here instead of the Wiki and figure out stuff together.
--------------------
I'm not great at this game but have figured some neat stuff out on my own. If you have issues with machine, maybe we can talk about it here or how to tweak it.

Post subject: Re: Minecraft MPplayers, this is our thread
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:46 pm 
Boy in Black
Boy in Black

My own outlook for a newb:

Finding an abandoned mine seems huge at this point 2 weeks into a new trek. Melons are a huge food source for adventuring without killing and grilling every animal you see. You need melon seeds and a machine to cultivate melons to venture out efficiently.

Build a mud hut, a farm, find iron for a cup, find still water, grow wheat, make a lot of bread, and then take a run around. You'll do fine with wood and stone, so keep using stone tools.

To make an infinite water source, dig one hole and then a diagonal hole. Fill both with water from the iron cup. Dig out the other diagonal blocks and you have free water that doesn't "run" to scoop from. A good source of still water to source from is blocks in a corner. If it runs, fill it back in or you can mess it up badly. Running water is way down the line and you don't want that starting off in a new world. To make Wheat strips, do every other block then break the middle.

Sound complicated thus far? It is, let's play!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:21 am 
Team Member
Team Member

I run a custom Skyblock server. The server is mean't to be essentially a test of knowledge. You start on a small island, and the objective is to turn the island into a fortress of your own liking, build a cobblestone generator, mob spawning tower, and work your way up from a small patch of dirt, a bucket of lava, and 2 blocks of ice, plus a few other minor items. It won't be up all the time, but if you want to try, join 76.226.156.154:6113 and ask to be promoted to a member.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:38 pm 
Boy in Black
Boy in Black

Yeah, sorry there digital. I'm just reaching for straws here. There's millions of players out there, but I've digressed back into MP survival and trying to catch a few MPC "good fella's" to play with; newbs and experts alike. I just got burnt out doing MC theme'd servers with an actual purpose other than the randomness Minecraft actually brings.

I got spoiled on Bukket servers and all that, and am hoping to catch some other players willing to play MP on day one (the most rough time). But not just that. If we don't play on the same server, but how to adjust our machines, how to find stuff, and basically us not using the MC Wiki and figuring out that world on our own. I feel defeated if I have to go to the wiki!
-------------------
So I have to ask:
Really, I feel like a n00b again playing a pure survival server. You've probably been playing much longer, so is it that this game has no end ruin it for you and want to venture off into what I'd call "mods" for a purpose? I found the Pit Fall endlessness fun again and an achievement in it's own.

I just feel people running "mods" are missing all the updates in the game itself and aren't playing Minecraft as a game. No offense meant...I just got burnt playing mods. I'm starting from scratch with another bud and it's more fun IMO.
----------------
Besides that, I'd like to see how to perfect machines I draw up on our own without visiting the Wiki and work with MPC'ers. I know, it seems odd and random...We'll just see if this pays out or not. I just can't imagine it's just you and I playing this thing in here with an opinion.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:51 am 

Chumly, PM the server details and I'd love to hang out and play around from time to time. My old MC server I played on go closed down when my friends decided that Star Wars Online was more fun. :roll: