Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:07 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Help! Online magazine is broken for IE9
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:28 am 

Well here we go again. It seems that whenever Brad Chacos posts an article it blocks me from seeing anything that was posted earlier. If there are articles posted by others after his latest post I can see them but once he adds a new article all I can see is the top menus and his article title and byline. It is as though the page has not fully loaded. This has been going on for several days now and it isn't the first time it has happened. Last time was quite a while ago but it only lasted a couple of days. I don't recall if it was related to only one author or not but that is the case for sure this time.

It doesn't make any difference if I am using Compatibility mode or not. I don't have any odd add-ons running. Only using Adobe Flash and pdf viewer.

I downloaded Firefox and it does not seem to have the issue but I don't intend to change browsers just to accomodate one broken site.

Any suggestions (other than switch browsers)? Anybody else experiencing this issue?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Bob

Just an update - His latest post ("Kickstarter Project Wants To Give Bonobos Language, Wi-Fi Tablets And Watergun-Sporting Robots") didn't block me from seeing earlier posts up to ("Razer To Make Left-Handed Naga MMO Mouse -- If Enough People Ask For It") but I still have no pages showing to access earlier articles.

Can't believe I am the only one experiencing this problem. Especially since I have seen it on 4 different desktops and two laptops all running IE9. And at two different locations.

Post subject: Re: Help! Online magazine is broken for IE9
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:09 pm 

pastorbob wrote:
Can't believe I am the only one experiencing this problem.

You're not the only one, Bob.

Please correct this, MaxPC staff.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:17 am 

Well it seems to be fixed - sort of. I can access all of the articles on the home page now but when I select page 2 of the articles, I am blocked by the last one on the page "Razer To Make Left-Handed Naga MMO Mouse -- If Enough People Ask For It". It seems to be the remaining culprit and prevents the text of the article from loading and the page numbers from showing up. No big deal since I have read all of the articles on page 2 and I don't really care about the topic of said article. All of the other pages appear to be accessible now.

Thank you for fixing it up to this level.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 12:28 am 

pastorbob wrote:
Well it seems to be fixed - sort of. I can access all of the articles on the home page now but when I select page 2 of the articles, I am blocked by the last one on the page "Razer To Make Left-Handed Naga MMO Mouse -- If Enough People Ask For It". It seems to be the remaining culprit and prevents the text of the article from loading and the page numbers from showing up. No big deal since I have read all of the articles on page 2 and I don't really care about the topic of said article. All of the other pages appear to be accessible now.

Thank you for fixing it up to this level.

Thank you for fixing it up to this level. :lol: