Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:22 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: LCD Project (Help!)
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:48 am 

A while back now I was handed a Gateway All-In-One PC to work on. Also a while back I determined that replacement of the motherboard was not worth it. So now the parts have been stripped down to nothing and I am left with the LCD and its component parts.

LCD Model: LTM200KT03

The fallowing pictures were not taken by me but do represent what I have in my possession.
Front LCD
Back LCD
Model Info
Left Controller?
Top Controller?

At this point I am sure I am capable of building it into a stand alone. But I have no clue where to start with controller components and a power supply. So I am turning to the masses for help. Anyone who knows how to do this please help me.
Also this is a touch panel. Not sure if that helps or hurts. But thank you all for the help.

Post subject: Re: LCD Project (Help!)
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:23 am 
Million Club - 2 Plus
Million Club - 2 Plus

before you get head over heels with this, just sell it on ebay. If you aren't good with electronics or components, you'll just have a big waste of time and junk in your possession. The connection type is basically the same as a laptop and the power comes from the power supply for the entire PC. I'd bet the interface for the touch screen portion is HP's own design so doubtful you'd be able to use it.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:01 am 

I have the know how to custom build computers. I have built more then I can count at this point. With that being said, I am not afraid of this project in any way. Just not sure where to start with components. The power inverter for the touch screen is still attached. The LCD interface PCB is also there. Although I am under the impression that is the peace that I want to replace. Because although the LCD interface is there, I would like one that allows me to VGA or DVI in.

http://www.panelook.com/modeldetail.php?id=8097 has more info on the panel its self.

I would rather that only people who know about this sort of project make response. No insult meant.

If this is something that just cant be done that's one thing. But if its a tough task to burden I am ok with that.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:05 pm 
Million Club - 2 Plus
Million Club - 2 Plus

You'll need an LVDS converter to use it. Something this LVDS to DVI-D (link), just give you an idea what to look for.

The biggest problem with this project is going to be sourcing, because most of the time they only sell these kind of parts for a B2B OEM business in large quantities (min 100+). This isn't even on newark or digikey, but I didn't really try too hard for other comparable parts. Here's a list on Alibaba (link).

As for power, you can probably source for a generic lcd/tv power supply board or look at replacement boards used in similar samsung monitors, but such a thing is something a bit beyond my ability without more research. That's just a whole other ball game. You may need to go to a more technical engineering forum for better information and people who actually deal with this kind of stuff. I can understand most terms for this kind of stuff, but I'm in no way, shape or form a professional at product engineering or electrical work.