Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:54 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: All-Out With WHS in 2011 Holiday Issue
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:00 pm 

Loved the project concept on page 70 of the 2011 Holiday issue but I have an HAF-X case and ASUS P6X58D Premium MB I'd like to do the do with.

Should I expect the same network adapter driver issue you identify and is the stated fix "...then Network, then RLT8111." applicable?

On another note, how about a review of the DriveBender (http://www.drivebender.com) replacement for the Drive Extender technology dropped from WHS with the release of WHS 2011?

Post subject: Re: All-Out With WHS in 2011 Holiday Issue
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:55 pm 
Boy in Black
Boy in Black

I feel WHS has more to reveal than the article's author allows to be perceived for the reader. You don't need a tower like an HAF and will actually do best with an iTX build. While most will be happy with a WHS rig with a 750G drive and an unused past build; the direct aim should be on a dedicated build.

Just think of what you can stuff into a Fractal Array R2. The P8H61-I doesn't have any connection issues, and it fits into the highest un-used closet I can find. The fault with it is the flood. I started this with $75 3TB drives and am in a holding pattern for the last two.

Makes you think though...are they all flooded or are they kicking out more? No to both.

knocking off zero posts list

Post subject: Re: All-Out With WHS in 2011 Holiday Issue
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:27 pm 

Certainly, the HAF-X case from a physical stand point is more than needed to house the single purpose WHS project. However, I chose to use the case I have rather than purchase another case that more closely mimics the project case. As soon as drive prices become realistic again, I will adapt the build guide to fit my own need using the case on hand.

:)