ok, here wee are again with another update. its been a while, but im close to finishing. without further excuses:
what we have here is the case screws i chose to use to keep the hood and panels secured, along with a rivet. (explained next)
i somehow (lol) missed my marks when lining up the panels, and it was a tad off, but enough so that my threads and holes for the case werent gonna work. so, after a lot of thinking, i decided to resize the case holes, and use a larger rivet as a threaded insert. all i did was remove the post, drill it out just a little, and tap the inside. then, i positioned the panel to center the insert, little epoxy, and a screw to hold it, and, BOOM!!!! perfect fits!!!
now, here we are with the rubber seals in place (although dirty) and the hoods/panels in place (one side open for show). the tape is still in place cause i need to do the airbrushing on the outside (need to re-tape the hoods) and since i promised the evil dictator i live with to clean the garage before i paint, hopefuly ill be brushing this weekend.
also note, ive changed the hardware from 2x 5870's, to a single 7970, and added ssd's to my list, and ram/mobo change.