Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:46 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Mass Effect 3
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:26 am 
[Team Member]
[Team Member]

Has anyone tried the demo yet and what do you think about the game.

To me it looks like more of the same from Mass Effect 2, just a different story.

Nasty

Post subject: Re: Mass Effect 3
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:59 am 
Team Member Top 10
Team Member Top 10

Location: back on the right side of the middle of the left side YES i'm folding
hard to tell from just a demo, but it seems to be more of the same, may not have to mine for upgrades if its going to be all action which will be a change for the good. graphics seem to be better, but how did the reapers get through to attack earth without anyone else seeing them or being attacked by them.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:09 am 
[Team Member]
[Team Member]

As the story opened in the cinematic, it stated that they just started destroying planets and colonies from the rim in. They appear every 50,000 years to destroy all life. F@#Ked up robots if you ask me! Humans probably designed them to reshuffle the cards. :lol: or Origin did...

Nasty

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:50 pm 
Million Club - 2 Plus
Million Club - 2 Plus

LOVE IT. I'm a big fan and just love the story. The gameplay is basically the exact same from ME2, which they really couldn't improve on that much. Really can't wait to do multiplayer co-op with a friend, should be badass. The graphics look the same as well, they still use the crappy texture for the Normady... all pixelated; probably the most disappointing thing about the demo. Also, was really hoping for a more open sandbox world.

And yeah, they made the mention that in the last year, they've been losing outer rim colonies. Remember from ME2, the reapers were in dormant stage out in the void of space, outside of the galaxy. What I find hard to believe is that they would just single out the Humans... I mean in the story, we aren't the most advanced race, but we did save the galaxy a few times... could be because we pose a huge threat to the reapers and why they attacked first.

I donno why they wouldn't have rallied the whole galaxy in the year between ME2 and ME3 for such an alliance.

Also, I almost cried a bit about the little kid. Could have been saved if he wasn't a little brat and went with Shepard.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:29 am 
[Team Member]
[Team Member]

JBaz,

Is the first Mass Effect as good as the second one? If so, I may go out and buy it...I did like the second one a lot.

GOD!, you can't get the Democrats and Republicans to get together to do any good for our country...and you expect the Galaxy to get together to fight for survival too! :roll: :mrgreen:

Loosing the kid was injected into the story to piss you off at the bad guys. :) ....now you will fight like a demon! :lol:

Listen carefully to the lead-in, I think they mentioned the the Reapers wiped out all races starting from the rim...not just us....unless I am mistaken. :wink:

Nasty

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:49 am 
Million Club - 2 Plus
Million Club - 2 Plus

They really didn't mention the other races, they only said the outer rim colonies, which I'm assuming is humans since that what happened in ME2 with the initial threat of the reapers. Depending on what path you took in ME2, shepard became a specter... or the highest honored galaxy law enforcer with the badge to do whatever he wants. Plus the council was taken over by Humans after the Citadel was attacked by the reapers (depends on your actions again). Both were assumed in ME3 at the start, but I'm sure the plot would differ a bit differently if you played ME1 and ME2.

I'll need to go back and do a play through ME1 and ME2 before ME3 comes out. I missed out on the ME3 origin preorder deal where you get BF3 free but since I have BF3 already, it didn't really appeal to me. Hopefully a $20 off coupon will spring up before launch. They always do with triple A titles (unless it starts with Call and ends with Duty; greedy bastards).

And yes, I recommend grabbing ME1, some of the story lines in ME2 will make more sense and your choices in ME1 does effect some playout/fallout in ME2, of which they said similar things will be done with ME3. Just grab it when it goes on sale for a few bucks. It was on sale on amazon for like $4-5 just a few days ago. The downside is that the graphics aren't very good since its a console port and the PC version got nerfed at 720p resolutions. Someone of the game mechanics feels very rough, specially if you played ME2 first. Night and day difference, but still a good game with a good story. It's pre-reaper shit, so doom and gloom isn't all over the place.

My biggest anticipation with ME3 is if you get to punch the news anchor for the 3rd time. Its funny cause if you punched her in ME1 and follow up with a 2nd interview in ME2, she makes the notion "I hope this interview goes better then the last time"... and then you still get to punch her! haha love it.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:40 am 
[Team Member]
[Team Member]

Thanks for the review, think I will spring for the first version in spite of the bad graphics.

Nasty

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:10 am 
Million Club - 2 Plus
Million Club - 2 Plus

Also... you get to drive a tank that's made out of air and stronger than unobtainium... lol when you play it, you will see. Its fun.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:47 pm 

Mass Effect 3 is awesome game to play...I really like this game....I play this game many times...I play this game on my PC..This game is full lots of excitement.....

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:44 am 
[Team Member]
[Team Member]

What are you smokin', the game don't come out until next month :shock:

Nasty

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:10 pm 
Million Club - 2 Plus
Million Club - 2 Plus

he's from Nigeria... be nice... lol

I've been playing the multiplayer demo; the gameplay is the same as ME2 to the T, but still fun to finally have a MP mode. The survival co-op mode is really fun, but I hope they made it more than what it is than just playing the same few maps in a 4man co-op. Even though its fun, after a week, the mode seems burned out and then I'm back to my BF3 MP fix.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:17 pm 
Team Member Top 10
Team Member Top 10

Location: back on the right side of the middle of the left side YES i'm folding
Nastyman wrote:
What are you smokin', the game don't come out until next month :shock:

Nasty

mine is already downloaded and ready to play on tuesdays release date. :)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:49 am 
Million Club - 2 Plus
Million Club - 2 Plus

Still don't see any good pre-order sales. And the pre-order add-ons don't really seem worth wild.

I mean not even Amazon is using the $20 game coupon voucher offer that they usually do on big name games.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:49 pm 
Million Club - 2 Plus
Million Club - 2 Plus

I'm still stuck on ME1, honestly feels like a job trying to save galaxy and do stuff again. I guess I'll wait till the game goes on sale for $30-40 or something once I re-finish ME1 and ME2. In no hurry. Some of the reviews were a bit dismal of what I found, but my friends who are playing ME3 right now say they like it... and that's kinda worrisome since they used the words "love" and "the best" for ME1 and ME2.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:35 pm 
Boy in Black
Boy in Black

Spoiler: show
If you love ME1 & 2; ME3's ending will probably piss you off. Many gamers that wasted March on playing this game are up in arms.

Not much a spoiler for me though. I didn't spend 80hrs a week playing this game in order to find out all that time was naught. Go figure.
JBaz wrote:
honestly feels like a job trying to save galaxy and do stuff again

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:43 am 

The game is very good, expecially the graphics. They are good and there are very low system requirements for a game by it's type. But it becomes boring after a while.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:37 pm 

Mass effect seems to be the best one PC game for me..I really love this one so much..Spent lots of tim on Mass effect 2 also..

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:56 am 
Little Foot
Little Foot

I've been gaming since 1995
(OK, OK, wise guys -- and you know who you are. I know what you're going to say :mrgreen: ),
and ME2/3 is my favorite so far.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:47 am 
Little Foot
Little Foot

:?: How is the multiplayer ME3 ?