Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:27 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: USPS sucks!
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:14 pm 
Willamette
Willamette

Last week, I ordered this item: http://www.ebay.com/itm/260901442084?ss ... 1439.l2649 from a seller on eBay known as "bulletproofguards". The seller allegedly shipped the item to me on February 8th (via expedited shipping with an estimated delivery date between February 11th and February 13th. The problem is that, even though the seller sent me a USPS tracking number and had "delivery confirmation" attached to the tracking number, USPS claims (via both their website and their toll-free 800 number) that they have no record of the tracking number for this package. WTF?

Note: Yeah, I know what the seller says about there not being any tracking information on some of their shipments, but I really don't think that applies to this order nor this item.

Post subject: Re: USPS sucks!
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:45 pm 
Team Member Top 10
Team Member Top 10

Location: back on the right side of the middle of the left side YES i'm folding
expedited shipping just means 1st class mail, plus that is from whenever your payment cleared, and he delivered it to the post office. they dont work on weekends anymore so, look for it from 6-10 days from the shipping date. free shipping is free shipping, count on it to be the cheapest on a 7 dollar item, how could he afford to pay more on so cheap an item.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:56 pm 
Willamette
Willamette

That still doesn't explain why USPS has no record of this item's tracking number, though!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:05 pm 
Team Member Top 10
Team Member Top 10

because usps does not track. I have gotten many deliveries from usps and never gotten a tracking number on regular mail, you have to pay extra or use a different service like ups.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:31 pm 
Million Club - 2 Plus
Million Club - 2 Plus

Delivery confirmation is not a tracking number. USPS does tracking, but not on regular mail.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:32 am 
Willamette
Willamette

You are both wrong. I have recently sent something out by first-class mail with delivery confirmation, and I was able to track the package's progress via USPS's "Track and Confirm" from the evening that I shipped the package (I shipped it out just before 9 a.m. on a Tuesday morning) and it arrived at its destination (Phoenix, AZ) by Thursday afternoon of the same week.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:59 am 
Million Club - 2 Plus
Million Club - 2 Plus

ya, ok...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:20 am 
Team Member Top 10
Team Member Top 10

where was it on Wednesday?

(Remember: If you chose Standard Delivery please note that we ship USPS mail so you can expect an average delivery time of 6-10 days. There is not a tracking number for Standard Delivery). this is a quote from an order I made on the 9th from the company I ordered from. for an extra 8.95 they would upgrade shipping and track it. so for your 7.00 item with free shipping expect 6-10 days. I have orderded many times from the company I quoted, and I will start looking at 5 days.

Last edited by g.m.waters (red ranger3) on Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:26 am 
Million Club - 20 Plus
Million Club - 20 Plus

I've had lots of stuff shipped to me via USPS and been given tracking numbers. I've RARELY been able to see any tracking at all. Usually I receive the item and then it shows up on their site as shipped.
I still use them as they are inexpensive and reliable. But tracking numbers? fuggit about it!!!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:36 am 
Willamette
Willamette

I really don't know where it was on Wednesday as USPS has no record of this tracking number and, therefore, does not show as "Accepted", "In Transit", etc. I have contacted the seller and he assures me that it should be here shortly. And for the last poster, it does have a tracking number, USPS does not have any record of it. I will wait and see, but I really think that USPS has managed to lose it somewhere! It is not the first time that something that I have ordered (and paid for) has been lost by them. If I do not receive it within the next week, I will contact the seller and offer to pay to have it delivered by UPS instead.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:13 am 
Million Club - 10 Plus
Million Club - 10 Plus

dedgar wrote:
I've had lots of stuff shipped to me via USPS and been given tracking numbers. I've RARELY been able to see any tracking at all. Usually I receive the item and then it shows up on their site as shipped.
I still use them as they are inexpensive and reliable. But tracking numbers? fuggit about it!!!

I have had the same experiences as dedgar with the USPS. I have received tracking numbers that show no update or even recognizing the number as a shipment until it is already delivered.

I think it is safe to say USPS Tracking sucks... But I have always received what was mailed to me.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:43 pm 
Million Club - 2 Plus
Million Club - 2 Plus

again... its not tracking, its delivery confirmation. You can only get an actual tracking number called "Track & Confirm" with their Express Mail (overnight) service. All other types of shipping through USPS is delivery confirmation, certified mail and registered mail; none of which have a live point-to-point tracking details.

UPSP tracking information

Quote:
What does Track & Confirm show?

Enter your label number to see the status of your item. If you shipped with Express Mail®, you’ll get point-by-point tracking details. If you used another service—Delivery Confirmation™, Certified Mail™, Registered Mail™ —you’ll see when it went out for delivery.
Which services and label number formats are compatible?

Enter label numbers, spaces optional, for items using these services:

SERVICE SAMPLE NUMBER
    Certified Mail™: 7000 0000 0000 0000 0000
    Delivery Confirmation™: 0300 0000 0000 0000 0000
    Signature Confirmation™: 2300 0000 0000 0000 0000
    Express Mail®: EA 000 000 000 US
    Express Mail International®: EC 000 000 000 US
    Priority Mail International™: CP 000 000 000 US
    Registered Mail™: RA 000 000 000 US
    Global Express Guaranteed®: 82 000 000 00

And yes, USPS delivery confirmation sucks as a tracking number. Their system won't update very often and sometimes won't update until after the item has already arrived. Sometimes I get lucky and their website will show that item was shipped at a certain location 24 hours after. But you get what you pay for and they tend to be cheaper to ship non-vital stuff across country, than UPS or Fedex. Personally, I prefer Fedex, but both suck in their own way.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:29 pm 
Million Club - 10 Plus
Million Club - 10 Plus

JBaz wrote:
again... its not tracking, its delivery confirmation. You can only get an actual tracking number called "Track & Confirm" with their Express Mail (overnight) service. All other types of shipping through USPS is delivery confirmation, certified mail and registered mail; none of which have a live point-to-point tracking details.

UPSP tracking information

Quote:
What does Track & Confirm show?

Enter your label number to see the status of your item. If you shipped with Express Mail®, you’ll get point-by-point tracking details. If you used another service—Delivery Confirmation™, Certified Mail™, Registered Mail™ —you’ll see when it went out for delivery.
Which services and label number formats are compatible?

Enter label numbers, spaces optional, for items using these services:

SERVICE SAMPLE NUMBER
    Certified Mail™: 7000 0000 0000 0000 0000
    Delivery Confirmation™: 0300 0000 0000 0000 0000
    Signature Confirmation™: 2300 0000 0000 0000 0000
    Express Mail®: EA 000 000 000 US
    Express Mail International®: EC 000 000 000 US
    Priority Mail International™: CP 000 000 000 US
    Registered Mail™: RA 000 000 000 US
    Global Express Guaranteed®: 82 000 000 00

And yes, USPS delivery confirmation sucks as a tracking number. Their system won't update very often and sometimes won't update until after the item has already arrived. Sometimes I get lucky and their website will show that item was shipped at a certain location 24 hours after. But you get what you pay for and they tend to be cheaper to ship non-vital stuff across country, than UPS or Fedex. Personally, I prefer Fedex, but both suck in their own way.

Roger that.....Thank you.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:31 pm 
Million Club - 20 Plus
Million Club - 20 Plus

I ordered some items a little while back. I have a USPS tracking number from the shipper. Go to the USPS site and I get this:
Your Item's Status The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on February 14, 2012 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

However, looking up my order where I ordered I find that the package arrived today in my local post office. I'll get it in tomorrows mail. So once again I will receive the item before the USPS site shows they even have it.
Moral of the story: don't worry too much about USPS tracking numbers not showing anything on their site. Worry if you haven't received it in 7 days or so.