Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:14 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Android and Win7 networking problem, need help
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:55 pm 

Hello everyone,

Am connected to the internet through Cable with a Netgear router, I have the wireless side up and running, my Samsung Note can connect to the wireless side.

My problem is connecting the two together so they can share data without being hardwired through a USB cable, I have downloaded both Intel apps from the market and I still can't connect.

My assumption is I believe that a computer cant use more then 1 connection at a time, such as Ethernet and Wireless, at least that is what I understood. Now, when I tried these 2 apps, it had asked me that both my computer and android be on the same network, well, I must be missing something here. I tried disconnecting my Ethernet cable and installing a USB wireless adapter on my computer but still no joy, so I must be missing something that's pretty obvious.

Do I need to form a Bridge connection with my wireless adapter or do I need a Software access point to form a network that both devices need to connect too ?

I have tried looking everywhere I thought I would find answers to this but failed, can someone please help me here, Thanks in advance.

Post subject: Re: Android and Win7 networking problem, need help
PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:50 am 

Nobody helped you with this at all eh?

Well if you're still paying attention to the thread, head to the Google Play store and pick up AirDroid. It's a free app and it is the most useful android app I've ever used. It creates a web server on your phone that you can connect your computer to through your browser. Just type in the IP address of your phone in your browser on port 8888 and click "accept" on your note.

You'll have a desktop like display in your browser where you can access all of your files remotely from your pc. Move them back and forth etc etc.

give it a try.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... d.airdroid