Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:26 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Windows 8 rigs to disallow Linux dual-boots?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:47 pm 
Million Club - 2 Plus
Million Club - 2 Plus

ME was shit. Probably MS worst mistake ever. It was nothing more than a stripped down win98 with some "graphical tweeks", always ended up in BSOD in most simple tasks that you do.

And vista was not bad, it was just overly hyped as being bad. This is what happens with you pair a system hog OS on crappy $300 systems and expect it to run perfectly. In my experience, this is what most issues surround vista. Give it to corporations that run shitty machines? that's where you see dominoes fall and social media reporting the shittiness of the situation. Remember, lots of study was done and out of everyone surveyed, 70% of them actually never tried vista, only heard what other people had to say.

That's why MS had that 300 million dollar campaign to combat this and had that other campaign that tricked focus groups in thinking the new windows that was coming out (not win7) wasn't vista when it was infact vista. Power of social media.

"powerusering?" wtf do you mean by this?

Oh, forgot to point out that 95 also had a lot of security issues with networking.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:37 pm 
Thoroughbred
Thoroughbred

Like tweaks that allow some extra features, and some of the abilities I have in 7. In Vista, getting to dev manager took a lot of clicks. In 7, it's much simpler. Also, I have the freedom to not put my games in the "gaming ghetto" on 7.
Then there's the Vista driver problems.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:46 pm 
Million Club - 2 Plus
Million Club - 2 Plus

your just doing it wrong. moot point, this is win8 discussion.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:36 pm 
Bitchin' Fast 3D Z8000
Bitchin' Fast 3D Z8000

So you're admitting to hijacking a thread in here then...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:49 pm 
Million Club - 2 Plus
Million Club - 2 Plus

dude goes off topic in every post he makes, with every rebuttal comes more misinfo from his mouth.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:58 am 
Thoroughbred
Thoroughbred

OvenMaster wrote:

Actually, I think this was where the thread went off topic. It's a moot point, because talking about how this thread got off-topic is off-topic.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:49 pm 
Million Club - 5 Plus
Million Club - 5 Plus

noghiri_x wrote:
OvenMaster wrote:

Actually, I think this was where the thread went off topic. It's a moot point, because talking about how this thread got off-topic is off-topic.

That's a popular prediction about Windows 8 based on your very words, "Actually, at this point, Win8 does not look all that great to me." in the post immediately previous to mine. How the hell is that going off-topic... one that I happened to start, BTW?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:51 pm 
Thoroughbred
Thoroughbred

My logic was that this was where we stopped talking about Win 8 and started talking about the picture.
No offense was intended.
@Jbaz, you are beginning to sound like you think I am behind all the problems in the world. Lighten up, man!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:46 pm 
Million Club - 5 Plus
Million Club - 5 Plus

noghiri_x wrote:
My logic was that this was where we stopped talking about Win 8 and started talking about the picture.
No offense was intended.

I hear ya. No problemo.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:18 am 
Million Club - 2 Plus
Million Club - 2 Plus

Quote:
baz, you are beginning to sound like you think I am behind all the problems in the world.

No, just you keep spouting scheisse in threads you really have no idea beyond what you can google and have a limited experience with just to post. And it was you nog who went off topic in reply to that picture, not the actual picture was off-topic.

We didn't need an explanation of the joke or why you thought those OS' were bad when the info is pretty much common knowledge to most of us who actually lived through those and used them daily for years. And honestly, like I said before, the only really really bad one was windows ME; 95 and vista are tolerable or average. Actually, XP 64 was pretty bad.

I still run windows 2000 on some older machines. That was a rock solid OS based on windows NT platform. I should pull them out and see if they work.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:46 am 
Thoroughbred
Thoroughbred

JBaz wrote:
Quote:
baz, you are beginning to sound like you think I am behind all the problems in the world.

No, just you keep spouting scheisse in threads you really have no idea beyond what you can google and have a limited experience with just to post. And it was you nog who went off topic in reply to that picture, not the actual picture was off-topic.

We didn't need an explanation of the joke or why you thought those OS' were bad when the info is pretty much common knowledge to most of us who actually lived through those and used them daily for years. And honestly, like I said before, the only really really bad one was windows ME; 95 and vista are tolerable or average. Actually, XP 64 was pretty bad.

I still run windows 2000 on some older machines. That was a rock solid OS based on windows NT platform. I should pull them out and see if they work.

I used 2k for a few years and never had any problems with it. It was a bit slow (compared to XP) but was still a pretty good system.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:12 pm 
Million Club - 2 Plus
Million Club - 2 Plus

I'm just going to reply with:

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

And that's my final thoughts (edited for obvious reasons)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:53 am 
Java Junkie
Java Junkie

Well, this thread has been derailed and made useless.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2