Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:44 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: NCIX - not so great service
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:08 pm 
Little Foot
Little Foot

I picked up my laptop mid Dec (ordered it Nov 25th but had to wait for it to be in stock), right out of the box there were issues, called HP support which recommended returning it for a refund if unhappy, reported the technical issues to NCIX and why I wanted a refund, and they just closed the request stating "Denied". They should have at least transfered it to their technical support team if they were not going to process the refund.

What are the technical issues? Right now, the laptop won't boot, its just a brick. At the time when I reported the first issues, right out of the box it was over heatting and freezing, the wrong parts were shipped (wrong ac adapter), missing a license key for some software. NCIX didn't transfer it to technical/ RMA support, they just closed it, so I had to open a new request and then they said they would transfer it to tech support.... and am still waiting for ... a message from tech support.... or something...

I posted on their forms for assistance - see http://forums.ncix.com/forums/?mode=showthread&forum=116&threadid=2457053&pagenumber=3&msgcount=66&subpage=1

I got more sas that assistance, and am still waiting. Why raise such a stink? Things could be worse, just wait? Yes, I have experienced worse. I placed an order with them at Christmas time 2010, and the order was "forgotten" or given to someone else several times. I didn't get the entire order until June, and the parts were not back ordered!

Anyone know who the CEO at NCIX is? All I could find was a guy in charge of marketing, but if I am going to file a complaint, I want to make sure the guy I email can actually do something.

Post subject: Re: NCIX - not so great service
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:18 pm 
Million Club - 2 Plus
Million Club - 2 Plus

What laptop and how do you get a wrong AC adapter? Also your link goes to a thread labeled "Wow ncix shipping is amazing"...

I donno, ncix has worked out for me and other friends who use them. I haven't used their RMA, but I have called their CS to cancel an order and worked out pretty good; although a little longer wait time then I'd like. Still their shipping of in stock items were pretty fast. If you waited a month for this laptop to be in stock, I'd still call HP again and get it replaced through them and raise hell to them. The store usually only handles the warranty for the first 30 days anyhow.

But you can always still attempt a full refund from ncix.

How are you communicating with ncix? email? phone? both? What CS number are you using?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:00 pm 
Little Foot
Little Foot

JBaz wrote:
What laptop and how do you get a wrong AC adapter? Also your link goes to a thread labeled "Wow ncix shipping is amazing"...

Hewlett Packard HP Envy Beats Edition Intel i5 460M 6GB 640G 14.5IN Radeon 5650 Win 7 Prem Notebook.

You have to read past the first couple of posts, then you see the complaints from other customers rolling in. Mainly they were just shipping issues, and were taken care of by Chris from NCIX. Mine, well, he said sorry and then forgot about me, and ignored my second post.

JBaz wrote:
I donno, ncix has worked out for me and other friends who use them. I haven't used their RMA, but I have called their CS to cancel an order and worked out pretty good; although a little longer wait time then I'd like. Still their shipping of in stock items were pretty fast.

NCIX should normally work out well, used to work out well for me too. NCIX is great when things go perfectly. Toss in one thing wrong and you'll be in a world of hurt. They admit this themselves, their process is not designed to deal with issues, only perfect situations. Also, you cannot use their CS for technical support. Says right there on the site when you try.

JBaz wrote:
If you waited a month for this laptop to be in stock, I'd still call HP again and get it replaced through them and raise hell to them. The store usually only handles the warranty for the first 30 days anyhow.

Its been LESS then 30 days since I picked it up. Says right on the web order and receipt, first 30 days through NCIX, after that 1 year with HP. I'd rather raise hell with NCIX first because they are supposed to provide free shipping for RMAs (See http://ncix.com/products/?sku=8380&vpn= ... cture=NCIX). If I go through HP, I will have to pay for shipping.

JBaz wrote:
But you can always still attempt a full refund from ncix.

See my post, I did try this.

JBaz wrote:
How are you communicating with ncix? email? phone? both? What CS number are you using?

Via the RMA service. Via email. Via message forum. There is no option for support via phone, if there is a technical support issue you need to submit a ticket and wait for their one or two technicians to call you back. I even emailed the store manager where I picked up the laptop, nothing. The tech support guys are probably overwhelmed, but that means NCIX as a company needs to do better and hire more people.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:08 pm 
Million Club - 2 Plus
Million Club - 2 Plus

Quote:
See my post, I did try this.

Yes, I saw this... I'm just saying if you can't get anything resolved with HP then again try the RMA process the 2nd time and see what sticks.

Humm... that is kinda lame that they don't actually have a Tech Support hot line. Interesting.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:32 pm 
Little Foot
Little Foot

Day 9, still no word from NCIX, well actually since my first request for assistance was on Dec 23rd, its now day 15.

I have filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. I am not sure what they will do, but as I've said, I'm going to hold them to this as best I can.

Aside from picketing outside their store (it is too cold!), anyone else think of anything I can do?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:34 am 
Million Club - 2 Plus
Million Club - 2 Plus

I would call their customer support line and harass them till you speak to someone about returns. Always ask for a supervisor.

really kinda sucks and I feel for yah. I hope this is resolved quickly.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:57 pm 
Little Foot
Little Foot

In the end, a rep from NCIX called me, stating he was following up with my complaint from the BBB. They agreed to take back the laptop, and give me an instore credit. I then used that instore credit to purchase an asus zen book.

Why this didn't happen right away, no one ever gave me an answer. The only thing I can be sure of is that this will happen again to some other unsuspecting customer. There is no warning anywhere in clear view, not on the site, not on the bill, not at the sales checkout, stating that there are no returns on laptops. Their policy shows as having a 15 day return policy, and 30 days of warrenty, yet this is not true. It is very confusing for customers, and until NCIX clears it up, unless I have to, I will not buy another laptop, nor recommend anyone else buy a laptop from NCIX until they put their return policy so buyers are unable to miss it. It is too bad this happened, NCIX is normally a good store to buy things from, but as I stated in another post, ever since NCIX expanded, its service has gone down the toilet.