Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:56 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: Dungeon Siege 3 Question
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:00 am 
[Team Member]
[Team Member]

In the original and second Dungeon Siege I made my characters into uber mages and archers. It was a lot of fun, the number 3 is not fun for me. I may not even finish it. I can't get by the four witches as a mage.

Nasty

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:13 am 
Coppermine
Coppermine

Nastyman wrote:
In the original and second Dungeon Siege I made my characters into uber mages and archers. It was a lot of fun, the number 3 is not fun for me. I may not even finish it. I can't get by the four witches as a mage.

Nasty

I didn't go the Mage or Archer ( Ranged ) route. I think I went with something along the lines of a Palladine ( I know in Neverwinter Nights it was a combo of Palladine & Cleric ). Yeah, I have played Dungeon Siege, Dungeon Siege: Legends of Aranna, Dungeon Siege II, and Dungeon Siege II : Broken World. All were by Gas Powered games and released through the Microsoft Game Studios except for Broken World which was an Expansion to Dungeon Siege II and that was need to to play it. It was by Gas Powered Games and released by 2K. Dngeon Siege III was done by the same folks who brought you Final Fantasy ( Square Enix ). Anyway, I tend to go with something sword wielding, as I'm not much for magic as an offensive weapon. Guess I just like slicing and dicing. :D

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:18 pm 
Coppermine
Coppermine

Nastyman wrote:
I am up to fighting four witches and a bunch of brigands and sure could use another person in my party, but have never come across anyone yet that would join my party. I have been fighting alone up to this point.

Nasty

I think you are in the same cave I am and have been for quite some time. In fact, I gave up and have nearly completed Uncharted 3 on the PS3. I think one of your "Team" is in the cages in there once you release them.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:06 pm 
[Team Member]
[Team Member]

I stopped playing the game a while ago. I am doing a new pc build tomorrow and may try again on it from scratch.

Nasty

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:30 am 
Coppermine
Coppermine

Have fun. I have been on this new build for about a month now and am really enjoying it and haven't really started exploring all the bells and whistles yet.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:22 am 
Little Foot
Little Foot

forget dungeon siege 3 its like plastic compared to the majesty of skyrim .. in plain terms dungeon siege 3 feels forced and linear compared to elder scrolls v skyrim .. its simply vast and non linear

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:12 am 
Coppermine
Coppermine

Dungeon Siege has always been linear in nature, but fun. The Elder Scrolls stuff has always had a big world to roam around in at will. Dungeon Siege III is a step up form the previous ones though.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:27 pm 
Little Foot
Little Foot

i liked the earlier versions of dungeon siege the bigness and simpleness of the hack and slash part .. this new siege 3 feels so contrived feels like a console even though im on a pc its soo clunky the controls i mean

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:21 pm 
[Team Member]
[Team Member]

Where the hell do you download the manual for this game...can't find it anywhere! How do you load the magic slots on the lower left?

Nasty

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:04 pm 
Little Foot
Little Foot

i think those are skill slots after ur charcter learns then assign it there ..if u bought it on steam go to library highlight your game on the right side it should give you either a manual option to d/l or a forum option

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:07 pm 
Solid as a rock
Solid as a rock

games was ascheeks, I beat it with the Archon but I still don't know why i did

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:35 pm 
Coppermine
Coppermine

Nastyman wrote:
Where the hell do you download the manual for this game...can't find it anywhere! How do you load the magic slots on the lower left?

Nasty

Hey Nasty, if you haven't already found it here: http://www.na.dungeonsiege.com/manual Not sure of this, but I get a message from Avast! blocking the site due to malware ( Script.inf ). :P

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:58 pm 
[Team Member]
[Team Member]

Thank you for the reply, but finally found it and printed that sucker out!

Nasty

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:19 am 
Coppermine
Coppermine

Nastyman wrote:
Thank you for the reply, but finally found it and printed that sucker out!

Nasty

Good :D . I still don't have one and I did some real indepth searching last night too. :P I went over to Steam, but all they offered for that game was the Strategy Guide ( for a price ).

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:43 am 
[Team Member]
[Team Member]

It is right there on steam. Go to Games Library, click on Skyrim and on the right hand side of your screen there will be a list, the manual is there. Click on manual and a website will open with the manual open right there in front of you, just print it out.

The strategy guides game developers always want money for, to me it is like cheating, so I never buy it. It is a lot more fun walking all over the place on the world map and discovering caves, and such.

Nasty

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:32 pm 
Coppermine
Coppermine

Wish they had left the Healing Potions in. :P I finally figured out to hit the #4 key to heal. Finaly got past that cave and got my first party member ( Anjali ). Had to load an earlier save and mess around some with some other quests and level up some as well as I picked up some pretty nice weapons along the way which helped. Still took several tries though as Vera is one tough witch and I had to keep running and healing in between doing some damage to her.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:19 pm 
[Team Member]
[Team Member]

I just built a new system and I have to reload the game, patch it and then load the save games so I can continue the game on my new rig. Looks like I will be snowed in tomorrow, so it will be a good time to reload. :D Good day to reload and continue Witcher 2 as well.

Nasty