Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:18 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Iyogi Tech Support.
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:04 am 
Little Foot
Little Foot

This company is claiming to be a support representative for Norton. Norton's claims NO But then why does Norton's Customer support put you into a cue that connects you to
them? WELL that's actually neither here nor there, WHAT I find problematic is that Iyogi wants to take control of your PC, install THEIR software on top of Norton's 360 (Conflict of interest, in my opinion.) And Iyogi's software finds HUNDREDS of problems on the end-user's PC. WELL mine in this scenario, BUT yet the company that Iyogi is purporting to
be giving support to software reports NO problems? NOW lets take a look at the PC
these errors were found. The total contents of the PC in question is Windows 8 DP, Norton 360 version 5, and Microsoft Office 2010. Around 72% of the malware that Iyogi's software found was Windows 8 program files/code, 6% was Office files, 2% was web links and 20% was Norton 360. NOW is it only myself that sees a conflict of interest, or can others on the board see it, and feel as I do? MPC's dog NEED to take a HUGE bite out of iYogi. Also almost
forgot to mention, after the results came in from their software, they offered me to clean it out of my system, if I was willing to take a PAID for security package. TOSSES MPC's DOG THIS BIG BONE...GET THEM!!!

Post subject: Re: Iyogi Tech Support.
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:26 pm 
Java Junkie
Java Junkie

Windows 8? Of course it is going to have issues with unreleased software.

:facepalm:

At best, they should have told you that your OS is supported and politely tell you to piss up a rope.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:42 pm 
Little Foot
Little Foot

Well seeing as how I was using MetroTweakUI, and had it looked like Windows Vista. BUT anyways any TECH worth anything SHOULDN'T be trying to sell another company's support
packages WHEN they are trouble shooting for Norton. Anyways goes to show you, their tech support dock software. As well as THESE so-called professionals don't carry any type of certification whatsoever. Even basic Techs (Actual Techs that is) have their CompTIA's A+/N+ certs. Also I was bored today, so I went to their site to have some fun. Went in pretending to be an 80 year old woman, and told them my computer was giving me a green screen, and when they ask me what O/S I had, I told them Dell *LoL* Then the tech said that is the brand name of the PC, and tried to rephrase it to what type of Windows did I have, so I told him I have beautiful bay windows, then he went on to ask, what windows was I looking at now, and I told him I wasn't looking at my windows now, and was looking at my computer monitor. Then he got rather rude (Surprising that a person from India would so easily be upset) and screamed (caps) I cannot help you, and disconnected the session. hahahahahahhahahahahahahaha. They really need more training, I had gotten irate customers, and have no problem defusing them, as well as elderly customers that I kept calm and walked them thru their PC problems without upsetting them, or getting myself upset. If you want to have some fun head over to http://www.iyogi.com I guarantee you a good time.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:52 am 
Java Junkie
Java Junkie

Mike_Holli wrote:
Well seeing as how I was using MetroTweakUI, and had it looked like Windows Vista.

So, not only were you using an unsupported OS but you were using a tool to hide that fact .. thus, when their tools return a bunch of system files that do not belong to Vista ... OBVIOUSLY their tool is going to assume that these are malware. What else would change and create system files?!

Quote:
Also I was bored today, so I went to their site to have some fun. Went in pretending to be an 80 year old woman, and told them my computer was giving me a green screen, and when they ask me what O/S I had, I told them Dell *LoL* Then the tech said that is the brand name of the PC, and tried to rephrase it to what type of Windows did I have, so I told him I have beautiful bay windows, then he went on to ask, what windows was I looking at now, and I told him I wasn't looking at my windows now, and was looking at my computer monitor. Then he got rather rude (Surprising that a person from India would so easily be upset) and screamed (caps) I cannot help you, and disconnected the session. hahahahahahhahahahahahahaha.

You've just lost any possible sympathy I might have had for you.

When you behave like an ass, don't be surprised when you're treated like one.

Quote:
They really need more training, I had gotten irate customers, and have no problem defusing them, as well as elderly customers that I kept calm and walked them thru their PC problems without upsetting them, or getting myself upset. If you want to have some fun head over to http://www.iyogi.com I guarantee you a good time.

If you ever suggest this kind of thing on our forum, I guarantee you a long ban. This is unacceptable.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:45 am 
Little Foot
Little Foot

Quote:
So, not only were you using an unsupported OS but you were using a tool to hide that fact .. thus, when their tools return a bunch of system files that do not belong to Vista ... OBVIOUSLY their tool is going to assume that these are malware. What else would change and create system files?!

Well Jipstyle seeing how long before I started teaching courses in Microsoft, and CompTIA
I had done support, and the company that I had worked for had us take control of the end-user's machine. First thing we did after we had gotten control of the machine was click "Start"
then "Run" then type in the run box "cmd", that gave us a DOS prompt, then at that prompt
we typed in the command "ver", at that point and still talking to the customer we started "Scandisk", or "chkdsk" from the DOS prompt with an "/f" extension. Seems to myself this is standard fare, and not gain control of a end-user's desktop and try to infect it so that the company you work for can USE scare tactics to scare the elderly into purchasing a software security package from our company. No one to blame EXCEPT the so-called professional for not simply using the "ver" command to get the information about the end-user's machine. BTW, all Metro TweakUI does is give you back the old Windows interface, and only removes the MetroUI.

Quote:
Also I was bored today, so I went to their site to have some fun. Went in pretending to be an 80 year old woman, and told them my computer was giving me a green screen, and when they ask me what O/S I had, I told them Dell *LoL* Then the tech said that is the brand name of the PC, and tried to rephrase it to what type of Windows did I have, so I told him I have beautiful bay windows, then he went on to ask, what windows was I looking at now, and I told him I wasn't looking at my windows now, and was looking at my computer monitor. Then he got rather rude (Surprising that a person from India would so easily be upset) and screamed (caps) I cannot help you, and disconnected the session. hahahahahahhahahahahahahaha.

You've just lost any possible sympathy I might have had for you.

Why? When I went thru Norton's portal originally and had gotten them, was for a legitimate
reason. They had no right to try and use scare tactics to get me to buy their security package, with a fake diagnostic results screen. WHICH by the way I still have, and could happily upload it, so your eyes can see as well.

When you behave like an ass, don't be surprised when you're treated like one.

I still believe in the old theory "Turn around is fair play" Screw me, and I'll screw you more.

Quote:
They really need more training, I had gotten irate customers, and have no problem defusing them, as well as elderly customers that I kept calm and walked them thru their PC problems without upsetting them, or getting myself upset. If you want to have some fun head over to http://www.iyogi.com I guarantee you a good time.

If you ever suggest this kind of thing on our forum, I guarantee you a long ban. This is unacceptable.[/quote]

Sorry, you are absolutely right. I was in a stupid mind frame when I had suggested that.