Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:09 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 234 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:28 pm 
Boy in Black
Boy in Black

I've used FrozenCPU quite a bit, but consider myself pretty damned lucky nothing major has gone wrong. IF something is missing, I can just source it here, make due, or drive a few blocks. But I do understand a lot of folks can't do that and are at their mercy.

It's their shipping that bugs the crap out of me. It's overpriced for what it is. They have a shipping system comparable to an eBay seller. You pay a lot for shipping, they find a box in a grocery store dumpster, pack it with parts, and then who knows what happens after that. If you order before 3pm EST, doesn't matter; it's not getting charged nor accepted until the next day. Then THAT day is prepped to ship. 3-5 days, to them, means when they let go of it.

My last order didn't hit FedEx until two days after the order was placed, and it was placed very early in the morning. Then it sat in one place over the weekend (acceptable), saw it move again on the 14th...then nothing until today (the 20th) when I get it sat at my front door. So, basically I paid $35 for a 2x1 box to take 3 weeks to get here. Awesome.

And you think I'm kidding about their garbage can box collecting? FrozenCPU doesn't sell mushrooms, right?
I've even got a Pampers box from them. Huh? It's not like Flat Rate Shipping is a new thing. Even the USPS has great deals for individuals and would get here promptly. The GF sent some yummy treats to some forum friends in New Jersey and only took 3 days to get there...and that's the government shipping service! And mushroom boxes aren't meant to protect parts...just frozen mushrooms. Be like the egg and get boxes. Might even wanna put your brand label on it.

Thumbs up for selection, but thumbs and two big toes down to everything about their shipping.

Post subject: Re: Vendor Thumbs Up/Thumbs Down thread
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:04 pm 
Thoroughbred
Thoroughbred

Thumbs up: Amazon and Onkyo. I ordered a Onkyo S3300 HTIB,and right now it's working flawlessly.Ordered on Oct.6,2010..Arrived on Oct.13,2010. The sound quality is unbelivable-LOUD as well as CLEAR.The packaging was enough to seemingly withstand a F2 tornado.(I'm exaggerating for comic effect,but it was plenty well packed.) This S-3300 makes my previous Z5500s seem quiet.(and that's no easy feat.)

I'm extremely happy with my new HTIB,but I think my neighbors in my apartment building might disagree with me. :twisted:

(Just FYI,I actually have a Phenom X6 now,I haven't changed my avatar yet.)

Last edited by AMD64Blondie on Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:18 pm 
Million Club
Million Club

Apparently, AMD64Blondie is happy with his/her Phenom x4. I am very happy with mine. So I give thumbs up to AMD for their cheap yet powerful parts.

Now, if I can just save enough for Phenom x6 and/or Bulldozer.....

:mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:09 pm 
Klamath
Klamath

Up,

Antec, I lost the extra screws that came with a Sonata III case I got so I couldn't install a extra hard drive, an email to them n stuff, new baggie of screws, as the Sonata III uses grommets in the drive trays, needed these, hats off to Antec. No questions asked, no charges, they just shipped out the spare parts.

I know it's a small bouquet or roses for this post but I think it goes to show how at least one company takes care of their customers.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:39 pm 
Million Club
Million Club

nbrowser wrote:
Up,

Antec, I lost the extra screws that came with a Sonata III case I got so I couldn't install a extra hard drive, an email to them n stuff, new baggie of screws, as the Sonata III uses grommets in the drive trays, needed these, hats off to Antec. No questions asked, no charges, they just shipped out the spare parts.

I know it's a small bouquet or roses for this post but I think it goes to show how at least one company takes care of their customers.

I wonder if they will have the side cover
for one of my Antec HTPC cases...

Likely not for free though.
Thanks for the post! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:52 am 
Thoroughbred
Thoroughbred

Thumbs up to Sony,for making awesome headphones.I'm the owner of a set of Sony MDR-V600 headphones,and they sound great.Loud,clear,and a very long cord.(The cord is 10 feet long.)

My Onkyo S3300 didn't die,I'm just having to put up with irritated neighbors.So,sadly,it's back to my headphones.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:31 pm 
Thoroughbred
Thoroughbred

Thumbs up:Corsair,for making excellent RAM. I'm loving my new 16GB of Corsair XMS3 DDR3.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:27 pm 
Thoroughbred
Thoroughbred

Thumbs up:Gigabyte. I got a new GA990FXA-UD5 motherboard to replace a GA-990FXA-UD3 that I accidentally killed with a bad BIOS flash. The new FXA-UD5 fired right up and is now working flawlessly. So relieved.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:57 pm 
Thoroughbred
Thoroughbred

Not exactly PC-related(this is about socks..) ,but I ordered 2 pairs of Fox River Cuffsox hiking socks this morning.(Oct.20,2011) Order placed at 5:05 AM. My 2 new pairs of socks shipped out at 6:55 AM.That's less than 2 hours from order placement to shipment.
These socks aren't exactly cheap,but I'll definitely be ordering more pairs later on.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:50 pm 
Thoroughbred
Thoroughbred

Thumbs up:Zyxel. My new PK5000Z modem/router combo plugged in and just started working without any trouble.

(That's how it's supposed to go-no issues.)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:09 pm 
Million Club - 2 Plus
Million Club - 2 Plus

^^Never used Zyxel before. What's the uptime so far?

Thumbs up for Amazon customer support. I order a few Blu-rays and one had the discs missing. I should have noticed the lack of a security tape and piss poor shrink wrap. No matter, I called them up a few days later and they replaced my discs next day (delivered on a Saturday.) That is pure amazing.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:58 pm 
Thoroughbred
Thoroughbred

Thumbs up:Arctic Cooling. Just got a new Freezer 13 Pro installed(completely like a stock install),and my CPU temperature is sitting at 86 degrees F with each of my 8 cores running at 57 degrees F.(No,that per-core temperature is not a typo.)

I'm throughly impressed.It's also insanely quieter than my stock HSF.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:13 am 
Thoroughbred
Thoroughbred

Thumbs up :Asus. I bought a new RT-N10+ router to replace my flaky Zyxel X550N,and it's been working perfectly ever since I bought it in December 2012.

(After I had switched from Centurylink DSL to Comcast cable,and finding my X550N was dying.. was when I bought the RT-N10+).

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:44 pm 
Thoroughbred
Thoroughbred

Thumbs up: IBM,for making the best PC keyboard ever invented.
The Model M.

(Owner of 3 Model M keyboards here..2 1991 and 1 1995.Bought from Ebay back in 2007...still clicking away 7 years later.)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 234 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12