Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:07 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: anyone buying skyrim?
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:02 pm 

The common person should be at least capable to acknowledge and admire how far even dx9 graphical tech has come with this release. I was blown away with the current DX9 Skyrim graphics. It would be naive to disregard the thought of how long it actually takes to develop a game such as this. History will repeat itself just like the days of the DX10 card releases which had to wait for DX10 game releases. The people right now who whine about games which don't yet support forms of DX11 should have done their research before buying that game in which may not (at that point) be FULLY developed for that DX11 card. Have some friggin patience yo

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:38 am 
Little Foot
Little Foot

dx9-dx10-dx11- who cares its still a great game .. however people who own dx11 card want to see the glory they spent money on a good card and want to see results

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:47 am 
Coppermine
Coppermine

I got my copy Wednesday afternoon ( they shipped it snail mail ). At the time the mail passed, I was messing around around in Morrowind. Although the graphics were pretty good, they definitely stepped them up with Oblivion. Again, they have raised the bar with Skyrim. When it did the auto check for graphics, it set them at Ultra High and the settings were maxed out. I decide to leave it that way and see how things went. Not too bad. I am getting 60 FPS for the most part, but it will briefly fall off to 40-45 FPS at times. Still very playable though, so no problem. They did improve the snowstorms over the ones in Oblivion and the caves look much better ( I don't think those things changed all that much from Morrowind to Oblivion ). Make no mistake about it, it is huge in scope and a lot to do. As uausual when starting one of these things, I quickly get bogged down, trying to to keep track of the main objective & story with all the side stuff coming into play. :P :D

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:47 am 
Little Foot
Little Foot

not sure how i can check my frame rate .. the world is soo amazing just standing outside and taking in the scene is amazing the snow storms err blizzards are soo real standing on top of the mountain if you can make it up there and looking down at the scene .. hehe i even took a sky dive down just for the heck of it (after making a save ) to watch the heavy armor go squash .. now oblivion was good but never this good

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:51 am 

I found a strange pickaxe at the very top of the mountain the greybeards live on. Since in the story no one ever climbs to the top it made me wonder where it came from and how long had it been up there... After those thoughts pass through my head I stared at the amazing view for idk how long.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:56 am 
Little Foot
Little Foot

wonder if we can level up staring at the amazing view ..lol

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:28 pm 
Clawhammer
Clawhammer

jktz122 wrote:
wonder if we can level up staring at the amazing view ..lol

sightseeing lvl 50 bitches!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:06 am 
Coppermine
Coppermine

ToxicFox wrote:
I found a strange pickaxe at the very top of the mountain the greybeards live on. Since in the story no one ever climbs to the top it made me wonder where it came from and how long had it been up there... After those thoughts pass through my head I stared at the amazing view for idk how long.

Guess i never got up that high. Just went to see the Greybeards and then out the back door to the court yard. Did have a glitch getting up there though. At the second person you meet ( a female kneeling at the altar a good ways up, it kept frezing on me ). I have saved it at the bottom where i meet the first person, but got tired of the repeat climbs so saved it just before the freeze point. Oddly enough, I didn't have any problems after the save for some reason. There is supposed to be a patch released the week after Thanksgiving.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:07 am 
Little Foot
Little Foot

talking about glitches and patches .. i get frequent crash to desktop .. and its usually a few hours after i start playing and my video card heats up

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:04 am 

jktz122 wrote:
talking about glitches and patches .. i get frequent crash to desktop .. and its usually a few hours after i start playing and my video card heats up

What card is it and how hot is it getting? If you've overclocked your card you could try toning it back a bit or changing the setting in game to a see if that helps. You could even try underclocking it to help it run cooler.

I'm running a 6950 unlocked to 6970 and overclocked and it seems to run the game perfectly fine.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:45 pm 
Little Foot
Little Foot

im running it factory settings whatever default shipped with the card its a nvidia gtx 560ti dont remember if its asus or evga .. one or the other

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:39 pm 
Team Member Top 10
Team Member Top 10

Location: back on the right side of the middle of the left side YES i'm folding
the ti comes from the factory overclocked, my evga 560ti is clocked at 900/1800/2106, you might check to see what speed the fan is set to run, i think mine was at 30% as a default, i run mine at 80% all the time.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:03 am 
Coppermine
Coppermine

My EVGA 560Ti is stock out of the box, and it runs at about 60C to 63C in games ( including Skyrim and The Witcher 2 ). Right now just idling on the boards it is at 35C. I would check ot for dust build up if it has been installed for any length of time.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:32 am 
[Team Member]
[Team Member]

I sprung for it, installed it, ran it and it crashed to desktop about 20 minutes into the game. :cry: ...didn't save either :cry: :cry: ...other than that small detail it runs like butter on my machine...when it runs that is... :roll:

Nasty

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:17 am 
Little Foot
Little Foot

g.m.waters (red ranger3) wrote:
the ti comes from the factory overclocked, my evga 560ti is clocked at 900/1800/2106, you might check to see what speed the fan is set to run, i think mine was at 30% as a default, i run mine at 80% all the time.

how do i change the fan speed of my gtx 560 ti or the clock speed to change it back to standard through nvidia control panel? or something from evga ?
got my answer i d/l some program from evga and raised the fan from 30 to 75 % so far my card goes to about 100-105 degrees and i havent crashed again

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:37 pm 
Coppermine
Coppermine

Nastyman wrote:
I sprung for it, installed it, ran it and it crashed to desktop about 20 minutes into the game. :cry: ...didn't save either :cry: :cry: ...other than that small detail it runs like butter on my machine...when it runs that is... :roll:

Nasty

Hey Nasty don't know what your specs are, but what setting did the game give at set up? Medium, High, Ultra High? There is supposed to be a patch released next week sometime. With this game, the old saying save early and save often is a good advice as I have found out. :P I don't recall any sticky places at the beginning of the game, but my FPS fell off from 60 to around 25 at one point early on, but rebounded back to 60 and every once in a while will briefly fall off to 40 - 45 FPS. Could be the GPU is getting a tad warm, but that is just a thought.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:15 pm 
[Team Member]
[Team Member]

I am running:

Win7 64 bit

AMD 8150

2 XFX 6960s in Crossfire

8 gigs Crucial Ram

Sabertooth 990FX motherboard

Vraptor 300 gig hard drive

1K Antec psu

Antec 900 case

2 optical drives

I now save often! Somehow I got past the place I was having problems with. :D

For some reason I cannot load the 11.11 drivers, I have no usb support when the machine boots back up...very frustrating. XP never gave me this kind of grief.

Nasty

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:22 am 
Little Foot
Little Foot

coastie65 wrote:
My EVGA 560Ti is stock out of the box, and it runs at about 60C to 63C in games ( including Skyrim and The Witcher 2 ). Right now just idling on the boards it is at 35C. I would check ot for dust build up if it has been installed for any length of time.

im still crashing on occasion i checked with evga and they said even at 150 degree farenheit im still within spec
it wouldnt crash because of it the card can go up to 65 deg celsius when it will shut itself down
so whatever crashes is happening its because the game code isnt up to snuff

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:55 pm 
Coppermine
Coppermine

Nastyman wrote:
I am running:

Win7 64 bit

AMD 8150

2 XFX 6960s in Crossfire

8 gigs Crucial Ram

Sabertooth 990FX motherboard

Vraptor 300 gig hard drive

1K Antec psu

Antec 900 case

2 optical drives

I now save often! Somehow I got past the place I was having problems with. :D

For some reason I cannot load the 11.11 drivers, I have no usb support when the machine boots back up...very frustrating. XP never gave me this kind of grief.

Nasty

That is one nice rig. Best guess, and I imagine this has already occurred to you, is the drivers. That is a bit starnge that you don't have USB support at reboot. Have you tried unistalling and reinstalling the Motherboard drivers? Just thinking they may have become corrupted somehow. Anyway, glad you got past that place. Took me a few times on the glitch I found.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:02 pm 
Coppermine
Coppermine

jktz122 wrote:
coastie65 wrote:

im still crashing on occasion i checked with evga and they said even at 150 degree farenheit im still within spec
it wouldnt crash because of it the card can go up to 65 deg celsius when it will shut itself down
so whatever crashes is happening its because the game code isnt up to snuff

I find that it will shut down at 65C hard to believe. have run many an Nvidia card at 70C - 75C with absolutely no problems. If it should reach 80C I would get a bit concerned and at 100C it is trouble and may well shut down. Anyway, there is supposed to be a patch coming this week sometime so we'll see.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next