PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:41 pm 
Little Foot
Little Foot

im expecting mine to be delivered tommorow .. i cant wait

Post subject: Re: anyone buying skyrim?
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:14 pm 
Coppermine
Coppermine

I preordered it, but won't get it til next week sometime.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:28 am 
Little Foot
Little Foot

amazon has an option to "recieve on release date" basicly they drop ship it from somewhere and you recieve it on the day of release via fedex only costs like .99 cents compared to 5-10 days for normal free post office delivery

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:58 am 
Coppermine
Coppermine

Yeah, I know ( that is who I ordered it from ). I remembered that and went back to change the delivery which I have done in the past and that option wasn't available. I didn't do the FREE super saver as I usually just go with standard.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:08 pm 
Little Foot
Little Foot

i love it its soo good i spent almost all weekend playing and i only scratched the surface

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:32 am 
Coppermine
Coppermine

You can get totally immersed in those things as there is so much to see and do. I know there were a lot of side quests I didn't do and places I hadn't visited in Oblivion. They always create a huge world.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:09 am 
Little Foot
Little Foot

its a very immersive game ..my very first rpg game was baldurs gate 2 the story so deep i didnt even look into how good or bad the graphics were .. but it got me into the dungeons and dragon rpg/action rpg style games while before baldurs gate the only games i played were total annihilation/starcraft/command and conquer/red alert ..

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:41 am 
Coppermine
Coppermine

I had missed the Baldurs Gate stuff and went in at Neverwinter Nights, which i really enjoyed ( Platinum Version ). I finally got the baldurs gate series ( 4 games ) and have been working on that. The graphics are a bit aged but fun anyway.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:04 pm 
[Team Member]
[Team Member]

coastie65 wrote:
I had missed the Baldurs Gate stuff and went in at Neverwinter Nights, which i really enjoyed ( Platinum Version ). I finally got the baldurs gate series ( 4 games ) and have been working on that. The graphics are a bit aged but fun anyway.

Buy Baldures Gate one and two, you will love both if you enjoyed Neverwinter Nights. Don't worry about graphics the story is great in both. Here are the patches for the games:

http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/baldurs_ ... inal_saga/

http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/baldurs_gate_2_complete

http://www.tgeweb.com/ironworks/baldurs ... ches.shtml

The Icewind Dale series you should look at too.

http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/icewind_dale_complete/

Planescape Torment Is another good D&D with a good story to go along with it. The graphics are old school. :wink:

http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/planescape_torment

Nasty

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:20 pm 
Coppermine
Coppermine

I have Baldur's Gate, Baldur's Gate: Tales of the Sword Coast, Baldur's Gate II, and Baldur's gate II: Throne of Bhaal. I found a Boxed set about a year ago. I had the Icewind Dale boxed Set, but could never get into it so gave it to my Nephew.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:32 pm 
Little Foot
Little Foot

i was never intrested in any rpg's untill i tried baldurs gate 2 the graphics is extremly dated at this date but the story line rocks it had me thinking .. why i didnt try rpg's earlier ? and it hooked me so strong i quit real time strategies which are pretty much all the same ... gather resources build armies go destroy enemy .. the only strategy game i play today is civilization series sometimes ...
im glad i bought skyrim .. i'll probably be glad to by reckoning (hope its not a console rip)and probably glad for diablo 3 .. i cant think of any other games i may be intrested in buying

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:09 am 

I pre-ordered, so I had a chance to start playing this weekend. The opening is great, and the fluidity of motion and the world are spectacular. I'm very impressed. However, sound and shadow glitches mean that I've been spending my time fixing game settings rather than playing, which makes for a very disappointing opening.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:41 am 
Clawhammer
Clawhammer

My friends ditched me for skyrim :(

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:05 pm 
Little Foot
Little Foot

haha that is a good one .. ditch your friend for skyrim too..lol :twisted: as far as settings only one i had to change was a sound thing with the 24 bit 48000 hz thing

.. have a question though for those who have played a bit .. i hear you can become a vampire .. or werewolf?
how and why would you want to be one? many times during the day when my charceter passes a npc they mutter something about me not looking well or looking sickly.. what do they mean?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:34 pm 
Little Foot
Little Foot

so far i can see it will take me forever to finish this game if there is an end to it

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:06 am 

coastie65 wrote:

I agree with the graphics being a "little" aged, but hey, thats whats happens when they bridge a great game across multiple platforms. Crysis2 graphics could have been better, but the developers decided to have xbox hold back the potential in the graphics department. Skyrim is "mainly dx9 with tweaks", however it is still beautiful. Xbox and Playstation always have to ruin to final product for the PC Gamers like us.

Anyways, Skyrim is a great game. I would vouche for it anyday people. DX11 perks are coming out for you big GPU owners.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:11 am 
Little Foot
Little Foot

when will we get the dx-11 abilities in skyrim? (cant wait)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:03 am 

Jared11 wrote:
coastie65 wrote:
DX11 perks are coming out for you big GPU owners.

WTF do you mean coming out? They actually wasted their time putting out this game without DX11? I thought these graphics were supposed to be so unreal and majorly awesome? Damn retarded game devs.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:39 pm 

I think some of the graphics are kinda terrible but most is alright. I think rocks could of been better and fur is just criminal. Although I think my biggest complaint is children... I hate that I can't turn into a werewolf and eat the little buggers. I mean geez I really wish games would allow you to turn off such "protections". Games should be realms of fantasy and if someone wants to murder a child in cold blood in the middle of town I say let em. I mean is it so wrong to kill a virtual child and eat their still beating virtual heart?........... Yea I'm slightly twist..... :twisted: lol

I'm sure the community will take care of things soon enough though.

Last edited by ToxicFox on Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:53 pm 
Little Foot
Little Foot

how about becoming a vampire and sucking everyones blood and turning them into vampires