Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:54 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: SBS 2011 Security Software for Server
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:48 pm 
Bitchin' Fast 3D Z8000
Bitchin' Fast 3D Z8000

If anyone is around with expereince setting up Small Business Server 2011 Standard, I'd like to know what Security Suite you have used or recommend for protecting email and files on Small Business Server 2011 Standard (Exchange 2010)?

Is there any one of these that is a single unified program for SBS or are they the "combo purchase" of two products: Standalone File Server protection with Standalone Mail Server protection. This combo product worries me as they won't necessarily be SBS-aware and they won't take the other software into account, which might lead to instability.

Anyway let me know. For clients, I'm using MSE as it's free so I don't need client protection, though if your recommendation includes it for clients I can always use it but just spec the lowest possible client licensing. I have about 7 clients right now.

Thanks, all!

CLC

Post subject: Re: SBS 2011 Security Software for Server
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:04 pm 
Bitchin' Fast 3D Z8000
Bitchin' Fast 3D Z8000

Anyone? I'm rather suprised neither of my posts has garned a response from a forum full of computer enthusiasts.

To be fair, I've been googling like crazy and reading everything I can, but this is time consuming. It would be great to get more feedback from forum members that's current (alot on the web is old, like for 2008 SBS or 2003 SBS which doesn't apply well to 2011 SBS Standard).

AV software for SBS2011 Standard (Exchange and File)? How about backup software for SBS 2011 (besides the included Windows Backup, why would a third party product improve things and which one?)

Thanks,

CLC